Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-16-2008, 07:54 AM   #1
harleyfrank
harleyfrank began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Ereader
Which Firmware version?

Hi everyone,
wasn't sure which forum this fitted into so opted for main one.

I am confused.... easily done, I'm told, but that's another story.....

Th new Sony Estore, which I assume can only be used in the US, (why?) stating that the latest firmware for the 505 is V1.1.something

I bought my 505 in the UK and it has Firmware 1.2.something

What on earth is going on? Have Sony lost the plot somewhere along the line?

Just spotted an unintended pun in that last question....

Harleyfrank
harleyfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 08:01 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Nothing's going on. Sony Readers sold in Europe have a different firmware version to those sold in North America. Nothing "sinister" about it. The Sony store is referring to the firmware version of North American versions of the Sony Reader.

Why can the Sony Store only be accessed in North America? Legal issues related to eBook distribution rights. Those rights are generally sold on a "per country" basis.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert