Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-30-2008, 05:17 PM   #916
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
Oh great. The pandaborg have got their hands, I mean paws, on a time machine. What on earth is that going to do the logical, reasoned flow for the threads around here....
It will make more work for us moderators, that's what. The amount of time we will have to spend (or have spent) getting all those posts in temporal order is unbelievable.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:26 PM   #917
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
It will make more work for us moderators, that's what. The amount of time we will have to spend (or have spent) getting all those posts in temporal order is unbelievable.
So all of you moderators are not just superheros, but also Timelords? And waging (and winning?) a time war. Respect.
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:36 PM   #918
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Some of us might (also) be (have been/will be) History Monks.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:40 PM   #919
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
The pandaborg must have swiped it from Montsnmags -- or maybe Adrien smuggled it out to them. We need to have Marc check his inventory of time machines. He always holds/held/will hold his parties at a future/past/indeterminate time.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 06:07 PM   #920
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
The pandaborg must have swiped it from Montsnmags -- or maybe Adrien smuggled it out to them. We need to have Marc check his inventory of time machines. He always holds/held/will hold his parties at a future/past/indeterminate time.
So Montsnmags actually will have been running a couple of Restaurants...
Old 07-30-2008, 06:18 PM   #921
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
I've stubbed my toe - hurts something chronic, need rescuing asap.
hang on sparrow, i'm on my way ! super zelda to the rescue ! i'm a bit late, i know, but since i have a time machine it doesn't matter !! i will have been there just in the nick of time !! (whatever the nick of time is... maybe i should ask nrapallo if he has anything to do with it.)

Quote:
Oh great. The pandaborg have got their hands, I mean paws, on a time machine. What on earth is that going to do the logical, reasoned flow for the threads around here....
Quote:
sheesh, seriously. i look like a novice, but in only 2 weeks i've already accumulated 25 years of moderating experience.
Quote:
So all of you moderators are not just superheros, but also Timelords? And waging (and winning?) a time war. Respect.
that's more like it.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:46 PM   #922
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Which is actually totally wizard, because my chrontraptions actually run on a mix of blood, sweat and unbelief. It's a vicious five dimensional mobius strip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
They call her Mellow Yellow (and she's wicked with the sweeper)

Quote:
So Montsnmags actually will have been running a couple of Restaurants...
Sure, if by "Restaurants" you mean "Major Multiversal Crime Rings" and "Wicked Parties", then, please, allow me to book you a table.

Cheers,
Marc (The Don At The End Of The Universe)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 08:27 AM   #923
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Which is actually totally wizard
One total wizard at your service, sir...(or madam)....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 09:24 AM   #924
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Dang. You beat me to it. Now I have to jump in the Wayback so I can look clever.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:11 AM   #925
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

psst...not many more posts and we'll be at one thousand ....
Old 08-01-2008, 06:54 AM   #926
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Am I the only one left around here who doesn't have a time machine yet?
Not that it matters when I get it, of course, but I would appreciate if anyone who's seen me with one could let me know, or whether I should start harassing the Post Office, or arrange for a temporal adjustment field for my wings (either of which could prove extremely time-consuming, difficult and, ultimately, painful*).

*For someone.
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 06:56 AM   #927
GeoffC

You must have one...you were/will be/are at the party weren't you?
Old 08-01-2008, 07:30 AM   #928
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy View Post
Not that it matters when I get it, of course, but I would appreciate if anyone who's seen me with one could let me know, or whether I should start harassing the Post Office, or arrange for a temporal adjustment field for my wings (either of which could prove extremely time-consuming, difficult and, ultimately, painful*).

*For someone.
Oh, they don't have time machines (well, technically, Queen Zee does, because I upgraded her jetpack so she arrives before she left), but I do happily arrange time displacement for justifiable purposes (like attending my parties, or running for a 2004 US presidential election, as with pshrynk, or getting to the icecream shop before it closes after it has already closed. You know, important things)

However, Mindy, since you dealt so thoroughly with that rude and overly forward individual at my second-to-last Party, in the process redecorating the atrium so tastefully (and also prompting me to add to my Party Rule Book a new item: Don't frack with the Fairy!), then, as Manager and Owner of Montsnmags Enterprises (supplier, supporter and performance-enhancer of MobileRead's Moderator Jetpacks, and chief armourer of the Virgo Supercluster's major Black Ops units), I may just be able to help you here.

For some time I've been working with the Angels of the Interstices to completely upgrade their Temporal Displacement Fields (otherwise known as their "wings"), but with their requirement that I not in any way alter the beauty of their physicality (the Angels are immensely proud, and with nowhere to fall). Now, by good fortune, the device actually takes the form of a small tiara (so small that it can be hidden within a larger hair-do should modesty require), and it can be simply fashioned into any form desired by...well, this is going to sound a bit "magic" (but "sufficiently advanced" technology can be like that)...but it can be fashioned into any form desired (as long as it remains sufficiently "tiara") just by thinking it while wearing it.

I've skipped the Post Office. You should find the Angel Field upon your dressing table right now, next to your beautiful mother-of-pearl hairbrush (displacement fields are so convenient for expediting delivery). I've presumed to deliver it in white gold and pink diamond, but please don't feel obliged to retain it in that form.

Don't share it around. The Angels said that they like you (apparently "Oh, she's so cute!") and are thrilled to kit you out in their own form...but they're a jealous and, as mentioned, proud bunch, and, well, they're also Angels - the kind that ride Horses into the Apocalypse - and don't like their "pets" (sorry, that's you - they're very "pet-loyal" though) spreading their love. Silly, I know, but, well, with power comes great responsibility (or threats from the more powerful). You know how it is. They do love you though, as do I (platonically of course) and, especially, as does Adrian. Please, enjoy.

See you at the party (the next/last one).

Cheers,
Marc

Last edited by montsnmags; 08-01-2008 at 07:32 AM.
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 07:56 AM   #929
LazyScot
DSil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy View Post

*For someone.
Sadly no. I haven't. Which is most frustrating. I'd agreed with myself that as soon as I'd finished with it, I'd send it back to just before I sat my English Higher complete with the exam paper and the correct answers. I've been waiting for years and I still didn't receive it then. I really wish I would hurry up and send it, as it really is inconvenient.

Oh, and I must either send it back with a plan on the route to the exit (since the escape committee seems as much use as a bundle of kindling is to put out a fire) or a message that I never enter the Lounge.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:17 AM   #930
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Fabulous!
I hope I've remembered not to do anything I* will regret at the Post Office.
I promise to be good and not incur the wrath of the Angels on you, me or any associated parties, although will draw the line at playing 'Fetch' (or at least delegate to Vivaldi - here boy!)
Glad you told me about the design scheme, will now be able to tailor this afternoon's manicure accordingly.

Poor LS, I'm sure if you consult with Marc he'll be able to advise you appropriately on the exam situation, although probably not the escape as I think there are rules about that sort of thing (or if there aren't, there have been or will be).
I also think you'll ultimately decide not to leave yourself any advice about entering or leaving the lounge, since sooner or later you're bound to realise how much fun it is in here, or give up and go with it.
In either case, we should maybe start the hunt for the jellybeans again, just for jollies you understand.

*Or anyone else, for that matter
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!, fun with avatars, thwack!, unutterable silliness, zelda