Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-19-2012, 02:36 PM   #1
steve_bham
steve_bham began at the beginning.

Device: sony
nexus 7 good reading app for calibre

Hi all, I'm getting a nexus 7 tomorrow :-) what's a good reading app to install that will allow me to transfer books from calibre?

Many thanks
steve_bham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:38 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_bham View Post
Hi all, I'm getting a nexus 7 tomorrow :-) what's a good reading app to install that will allow me to transfer books from calibre?
If your use Linux o Windows Vista, 7 or 8 you can transfer your books to your Nexus via the USB cable.

Personally I use Calibre Companion (CC) app to connect my Nexus 7 to calibre via my wireless router. This app is great for organizing, searching and launching my epubs on my Nexus 7. When I select and launch a book via CC it opens in Moon+Reader (my reader app of choice).
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2012, 12:41 AM   #3
ForsCream
Connoisseur
ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite
For me, I always use the content server feature to transfer books to my reading devices.
Just ensure your computer and your Nexus 7 are in the same network. Then open Calibre's content server feature.

Now run the web browser on your Nexus 7, input [your computer's IP address:8080], then you can get it to your Nexus 7. This is my favorite way.

By the way, you can't read the ePub books with the built-in reading app (even you can read, you won't like its user experience), so install a 3rd-party reading app is necessary, like Aldiko, Moon+ Reader, etc..
ForsCream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:55 PM   #4
steve_bham
steve_bham began at the beginning.

Device: sony
Thanks. I've downloaded aldiko
steve_bham is offline   Reply With Quote