Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-23-2012, 11:18 PM   #1
Vykan12
Vykan12 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Pdf refuses to convert

I have about 4 or 5 pdfs that get stuck on 1% or 67% in the conversion process. I've tried other software but the same problem keeps persisting. I even tried converting to html using mobipocket creater, then convert that html to mobi, same problem.

I've read in the faq that pdfs are a troublesome format to use, but I don't really have a choice :S Is there any way around this problem?
Vykan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:33 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I've personally found converting to HTML with Acrobat to be my best solution when it comes to converting PDF's (for text based PDF's, no image based ones). I then put the HTML in Sigil and create a decent ePub which I convert to Mobi. Acrobat is expensive, but IIRC they have a fully functional 30 day trial.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert