Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-07-2011, 06:06 PM   #1
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Kobo Desktop for PC Only works if you have a Kobo !

Kobo Desktop for Windows PC worked fine since I installed it 2 or 3 weeks ago ...

Today it insisted I install the upgrade or it can't work ... So I agrred to update ... Guess what Now wont work unless you first plug in a Kobo ...

So I uninstalled, Restarted and installed previous version again ... refuses to work without a Kobo ???

Major League Mistake Kobo ... Not the way to encourage new and future customers
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:10 PM   #2
digiSara
Groupie
digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.

Device: Kobo wifi
I updated last night to 2.1.5 and it hasn't asked me to plug in my Kobo. Strange...
digiSara is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2011, 06:14 PM   #3
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I guess it already recognises you have a Kobo ... Problem is if you don't have one yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiSara View Post
I updated last night to 2.1.5 and it hasn't asked me to plug in my Kobo. Strange...
Old 12-07-2011, 06:38 PM   #4
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
I wonder if it's just a bug, because wouldn't the Android app stop working as well?
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:16 PM   #5
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
What are the exact message(s) you are receiving?
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2011, 07:23 PM   #6
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
My desktop works fine without a Kobo hooked up. In fact, as I do all of my shtuff over WiFi, it may not have been hooked up to the Kobo since the install.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:38 PM   #7
MDK
Kobo Developer
MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura, Glo, Mini
This is a known issue that will be fixed in the next release. I've sent you a workaround on how to fix it.

Thanks!
MDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:21 AM   #8
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin

Thanks All but especially to MDK, problem not fixed but look forward to next update and with help like that be sure I will buy a Kobo Touch as soon as I've recovered from Christmas Overspend
Old 12-08-2011, 12:13 PM   #9
digiSara
Groupie
digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.

Device: Kobo wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDK View Post
This is a known issue that will be fixed in the next release. I've sent you a workaround on how to fix it.

Thanks!
That's good news. I wouldn't have thought with Kobo's "read anywhere" philosophy, that they would purposely exclude desktops.
digiSara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:45 PM   #10
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin

ALL SORTED !!!!

MDK sent me a tiny script to alter the key.reg this didn't work as i mkissed out one line which I didn't realise needed to be included when I cut and pasted it,

After adding it, and following a very short and simple procedure and re-installing the upgrade all is working perfectly ... Thanks yet again to MDK

WOW I love thise site, you can sort anything eReader / eBook related so quickly and easily and the People here are on the whole FANTASTIC ...

Kobo you'll soon have a new Customer !
Old 12-08-2011, 12:48 PM   #11
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by digiSara View Post
I installed mine 2 weeks ago and that's the version I have. It synchs books I've purchased from the Kobo store that I have on my Vox and vice versa. However, the the eReader icon in the tabs along the top is greyed out. When I plug my Vox into a USB port, nothing happens in the Kobo Desktop, even when I close it and re-open it. Why is the eReader icon greyed out?
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote