Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 10-22-2006, 11:08 AM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Turn your mobile device screen into a mirror

Senko has an interesting ScreenMirror product that turns your backlit LCD screen into a mirror when the backlight is off, and becomes transparent when the backight is on. In addition, anyone snooping to see what you are doing is blocked from seeing the screen at more than a 45 degree angle.

That might be interesting for e-book reading purposes... for example, by any guy who for some reason might be reading a romance novel! But clearly this would be useless for an e-ink reading device because it will not have a backlight.

iPod and mobile phone versions are available, but the company claims that they can be cut to custom sizes fairly easily, so it could be used on a PDA, smartphone or even maybe a UMPC.

From Textually.org and Sci-Fi Tech.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 09:38 PM   #2
pdagal
pdagal began at the beginning.

Device: HTC Dash
Just yesterday I was thinking that I would really like for my screen to be a mirror too. I knew someone would come up with something.
pdagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2007, 11:00 PM   #3
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Who says we don't want a smartphone to be everything for everyone?! ;-)
Old 02-25-2007, 10:57 AM   #4
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Kindle Paperwhite | iPad Mini
Men love to look at themselves, too, in between reading about spaceships and sand dunes.
da_jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 11:22 AM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
And explosions -- don't forget the explosions! Explosions are very important.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2007, 03:15 PM   #6
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_jane
Men love to look at themselves, too, in between reading about spaceships and sand dunes.
But I think maybe there's a difference... don't most women like to look in the mirror because they care about making themselves presentable? Yet I think most men who like to look at themselves in the mirror are generally admiring themselves and noticing how attractive they must be to women! ;-)

Yep, I'm also all about stuff like space and explosions and fighting and spying. So I guess that doesn't leave much time left for mirrors!
Old 02-25-2007, 03:17 PM   #7
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Mirrors do smash satisfyingly in explosions, though, especially in space.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 09:56 PM   #8
memobug
Connoisseur
memobug began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500/PRS-505/Kindle DX/iPhone 3G
...on the other hand, I'd love to be able to change my bathroom mirror into a backlit LCD. If anyone has some suggestions in that regard, I'd appreciate it.

Regards,

Matt
memobug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 01:49 PM   #9
Bosh
Bosh began at the beginning.

Device: none
nice thing to do but how can i do it.Lol..:P
Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 06:22 PM   #10
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
The user who knows how last posted in this thread in 2007. Sorry no one knows anymore. Welcome to the forum. It is better to comment on more recent forum topics.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote