Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-20-2015, 02:33 PM   #1
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
T1 in formatting loop

Long story short, Was updating both T1 and Sony reader software and got an internal memory error on the T1 went to reformat and it seems to be stuck in formatting loop, Tried soft reset and hard reset and get an internal memory error. Any ideas?

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 05:30 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Can you connect the T1 to the computer and see it as a removable drive?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 09:37 AM   #3
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

It did show up, and the only files that were there were calibre files, which when I open calibre I get a communication error.

JJ
Old 12-21-2015, 11:37 AM   #4
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
If this was a Kobo reader with operating system on removable internal SD card recovery would be easy. In years past it was common for a few bold T1 owners "want to be hackers" bricking their T1 reader. Sony didn't support this or make it easy. Sony Reader Dev Corner Threads on Mobile Read Forums often had pleas for help recovering their Bricked T1. You might find help from old thread or get helpful response there.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=141
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 11:53 AM   #5
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!

I have another T1 I'm gonna see if I can copy the root files over to my other one, it's not bricked completely just can't seem to put anything on it.

JJ
Old 12-21-2015, 02:55 PM   #6
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!

Short version, T1 fixed not bricked just had a compatibility issue with my OS and reader software. Kobo is addressing the issue. Fingers crossed.
Ok tried the update and it bricked won't go past the opening book screen, so guess I'm shopping for a replacement...
JJ

Last edited by jerryleejr; 12-21-2015 at 04:58 PM.
Old 12-22-2015, 05:19 PM   #7
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!

Thru sheer luck I was able to reformat and get my T1 up and running thanks for all the help....

JJ