Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-05-2013, 06:44 PM   #1
ch13696
ch13696 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Need help adding table of contents

I want to start adding table of contents to my books. The thing is that I just want the ToC to be specific pages. I tried searching Google and it just shows complicated instructions on headers and finding specific tags.

At the moment I'm just trying to add 6 chapters to the ToC for a Manga book.
ch13696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:49 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch13696 View Post
I want to start adding table of contents to my books. The thing is that I just want the ToC to be specific pages. I tried searching Google and it just shows complicated instructions on headers and finding specific tags.

At the moment I'm just trying to add 6 chapters to the ToC for a Manga book.
You need an editor.
Conversion takes what is there and simply converts it to something based upon the source.
Among thing Calibre looks for are Keywords: Chapter, Part (these are user configurable in Detection), Heading type (H1, H2, H3)
You can us Markup (that tales some kind of editor also)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:56 PM   #3
ch13696
ch13696 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You need an editor.
Conversion takes what is there and simply converts it to something based upon the source.
Among thing Calibre looks for are Keywords: Chapter, Part (these are user configurable in Detection), Heading type (H1, H2, H3)
You can us Markup (that tales some kind of editor also)
So where do I find this Markup? I've tried Google searching and no luck.
ch13696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:41 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch13696 View Post
So where do I find this Markup? I've tried Google searching and no luck.
First thing my Google found for 'Markup' was https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markup_language

You've probably been hijacked by the Mountain View Marketeers

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:52 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It's easier to create an ePub as your source and then convert that to either KF8 or Mobi (depends which one you want).
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:18 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/

I thought this link was in the documentation, but I could not spot it.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:08 AM   #7
writerkit
Enthusiast
writerkit began at the beginning.

Device: none
You'll need to edit your ebook's source file, using an HTML editor like Dreamweaver, or it may even work to open the source file in a text editor like Notepad or TextEdit. I'm afraid you'll need to have some knowledge of code for your task to be successful. Or ask someone else who understands coding to do it for you.
writerkit is offline   Reply With Quote