Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-08-2012, 03:56 AM   #16
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Hi Rob,
I took the files form the 903 firmware - perhas I can play around with the rest.
But yes, definitiely learned something in this crash course, and will switch one old laptop permanently to ubuntu: I stopped using it because it was slow (it takes about 10-15 minutes to boot), and ubuntu might be the solution.
Again, thanks for all your help!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:40 PM   #17
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I came back to this again since I upgraded my 902's firmware to 2.1.3. I copied the libQt*.so files and the qtplugin directory over with the browser for the 903 as explained earlier, and it "worked". By "worked", I mean it started up without crashing, but since it seems to rely completely on the touch interface, I couldn't do anything with it. Oh well.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:54 AM   #18
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
I came back to this again since I upgraded my 902's firmware to 2.1.3. I copied the libQt*.so files and the qtplugin directory over with the browser for the 903 as explained earlier, and it "worked". By "worked", I mean it started up without crashing, but since it seems to rely completely on the touch interface, I couldn't do anything with it. Oh well.
hey, this is great - by lazyness I have been using the buttons every so often, though probably not to navigate the menu, but there must be a way to modify it for touch? Did you manage to get to call the menu?
Old 08-22-2012, 11:51 AM   #19
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
hey, this is great - by lazyness I have been using the buttons every so often, though probably not to navigate the menu, but there must be a way to modify it for touch? Did you manage to get to call the menu?
I tried again and I saw the menu this time. Huh! I could have sworn that I tried that last time and nothing happened. Maybe I had pressed a dozen arrow keys before that and it was still catching up by refreshing the screen for each one. Anyway, yes, I can play with the menus. I don't see how I can do anything else, though. I can't seem to get down to the address box to enter text there, nor can I select any buttons or click any links in the Obreey Store page.

It does look nice though, a big improvement over links. It's too bad it doesn't seem to have a cursor that you can move with the arrow keys the way the old midori browser did.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:45 PM   #20
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
It does look nice though, a big improvement over links. It's too bad it doesn't seem to have a cursor that you can move with the arrow keys the way the old midori browser did.
hang on, it must be possible, I am pretty sure I did get to the address bar with a button. I've got time tonight to play with it, will get back to you if I manage.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:25 PM   #21
paola
Wizard

Quote:
hang on, it must be possible, I am pretty sure I did get to the address bar with a button.
well, I must take this back, no luck I am afraid. However, at least on my touch device the menu is called by the "books" button, and then with the joystick I can move around the menu tabs. One thing that happens is that from the "file" menu I can then open a new tab - the new tab by default opens and puts the cursor on the address bar - I cannot do anything more from here, but perhaps something happens on a non touch reader?
One other alternative may be to open a file with links from the menu, and then use that to navigate?
Old 08-22-2012, 06:12 PM   #22
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
well, I must take this back, no luck I am afraid. However, at least on my touch device the menu is called by the "books" button, and then with the joystick I can move around the menu tabs. One thing that happens is that from the "file" menu I can then open a new tab - the new tab by default opens and puts the cursor on the address bar - I cannot do anything more from here, but perhaps something happens on a non touch reader?
One other alternative may be to open a file with links from the menu, and then use that to navigate?
I get the exact same behaviour when opening up a new tab. I don't see a cursor on the address bar, but it may be there, because the menu button stops working (i.e. I can't open up any tabs anymore). Hitting the OK button never pops up a keyboard (I wonder if that's a source of trouble, since I think the touch devices use a different keyboard than the non-touch ones?). Oh well, it was fun playing around with this, but I think there's nothing more for me to do. Thanks for your help, paola.