Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-22-2011, 05:32 PM   #46
Cpl Punishment
Guru
Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad 103rd Gen
Just for the record...When you "buy" an Ebook from Amazon, you are not "buying" it at all....I know, confusing, you are buying a "license" to "use" it...Since you dont "own" it, it is not yours to do as you please with it..as in stripping DRM..So, if you bought the license, then you agreed to abide by the terms....If you dont, thats up to you...DirectTV filed thousands of lawsuits against those who stripped the DRM content of thier broadcast...(They have never lost, yet )
Cpl Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:18 PM   #47
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Funny thing is, the button at Amazon says "Buy" not "Lease" or "Rent".
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:12 PM   #48
Cpl Punishment
Guru
Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad 103rd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
No argument from me.....I guess its the same thing as buying Windoze..You pay for it, but it taint yurs !!

From Amazon:

Use of Digital Content. Upon your payment of the applicable fees set by Amazon, Amazon grants you the non-exclusive right to keep a permanent copy of the applicable Digital Content and to view, use, and display such Digital Content an unlimited number of times, solely on the Device or as authorized by Amazon as part of the Service and solely for your personal, non-commercial use. Digital Content will be deemed licensed to you by Amazon under this Agreement unless otherwise expressly provided by Amazon.

Last edited by Cpl Punishment; 01-22-2011 at 10:15 PM.
Cpl Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:36 AM   #49
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl Punishment View Post
Digital Content will be deemed licensed to you by Amazon under this Agreement unless otherwise expressly provided by Amazon.
As in having a button that says "Buy"?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:36 PM   #50
moyeen
Banned
moyeen doesn't littermoyeen doesn't littermoyeen doesn't litter

Device: none
I am hoping that someone can do me a HUGE favor and send me detailed instructions on where to get the plugin for DRM removal for Calibre and how to install it. I have Adobe Digital Editions, Calibre, and Kindle for the PC already up and running, just can't seem to get the plugin to work correctly.

Last edited by moyeen; 01-23-2011 at 12:37 PM. Reason: thanks
moyeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 01:09 PM   #51
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
If you have found the plugins, the appropriately titled readme files should provide the info needed. And with the latest, you no longer need the k-4-pc app as it can deal directly with kindle files, I believe.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:11 AM   #52
ijbrewst
ijbrewst began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
I have been through Apprentice Alfs good instructions, but I am not sure if the program is working or not. All my files are Kindle files, but they are on different accounts. If I am registered on my Kindle on one account, I can see a book brought from another account, but it won't open as it says it is on the wrong account. Does removing the Amazon DRM also remove the account control, or just within one account?

Last edited by ijbrewst; 03-16-2011 at 01:13 AM.
ijbrewst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 05:19 AM   #53
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijbrewst View Post
I have been through Apprentice Alfs good instructions, but I am not sure if the program is working or not. All my files are Kindle files, but they are on different accounts. If I am registered on my Kindle on one account, I can see a book brought from another account, but it won't open as it says it is on the wrong account. Does removing the Amazon DRM also remove the account control, or just within one account?
It's against Mobileread policy to allow explicit DRM-removal advice, so you won't get an answer here.

But if you ask at Apprentice Alf's blog, you might have better luck.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:54 AM   #54
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
Yeah, but the tick comes in that you're buying a license to use the content, not buying the content.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:31 PM   #55
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
The first rule of DRM Strip Club is you don't talk about DRM Strip Club.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 04:29 AM   #56
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
The first rule of DRM Strip Club is you don't talk about DRM Strip Club.
... on MobileRead.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:54 AM   #57
ijbrewst
ijbrewst began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Seems I have unintentionally breached the spirit of Mobileread with my query on DRM. Apologies!
ijbrewst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:51 AM   #58
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijbrewst View Post
Seems I have unintentionally breached the spirit of Mobileread with my query on DRM. Apologies!
Don't think there's any need to apologise, it is the activity that dare not speak it's name on MR, but loads of people are at it
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:21 AM   #59
TheRecneps
TheRecneps has a spectacular aura aboutTheRecneps has a spectacular aura aboutTheRecneps has a spectacular aura aboutTheRecneps has a spectacular aura aboutTheRecneps has a spectacular aura aboutTheRecneps has a spectacular aura aboutTheRecneps has a spectacular aura aboutTheRecneps has a spectacular aura aboutTheRecneps has a spectacular aura aboutTheRecneps has a spectacular aura aboutTheRecneps has a spectacular aura about

Device: Nook
Advice

I have bought a number of books through Barnes & Noble, and for the plugin you need to put in the activation code, which is your name & credit card number. Doing so makes me a little uneasy. Is my information safe?
TheRecneps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:15 AM   #60
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRecneps View Post
I have bought a number of books through Barnes & Noble, and for the plugin you need to put in the activation code, which is your name & credit card number. Doing so makes me a little uneasy. Is my information safe?
You are not afraid to give those to the seller (B&N) and now you are afraid to store them on your own computer?

I am always amazed about the things the human brain is able to worry! You added a new dimension today. Karma for this!

It is safe. The explanation can be found here.

Last edited by Poppaea; 03-19-2011 at 10:24 AM.
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote