Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-18-2017, 11:12 AM   #1
Melp
Melp began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N647
Kobo - No books found error

Hi,

I've got an old Kobo N647 and it displays No Books Found although I've copied numerous ones on it. I tried to send them using Calibre and I get this error :

ERREUR : Erreur: Erreur pendant la communication avec le dispositif

unable to open database file

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 503, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 294, in books
OperationalError: unable to open database file

Is anyone able to help me out ? I know it's an old device, but I used to love reading from it. Thanks,
Melp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 08:06 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Your subject suggests one problem, but the error suggests another.

There is a problem with the last firmware released for the WiFi. It will stop seeing the books on the device. Lots of things have been tried; factory resets, replacing the database and other things. The only thing that has worked is to take the internal micro SD card out, and write a new image to it. The image has been taken from a working device and it seems to be OK after this. I have PM'd a link to the image if you want to try this.

But, the calibre error implies something is wrong with the database on the device. You can try putting an empty database on the device. There are threads here discussing this. Or, you can try a factory reset.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2017, 01:07 PM   #3
Melp

Sorry if I took so long, hadn't had time to look into it. I've put the 'old' firmware (1.9) on my Kobo, tried to do a factory reset, as well as an hard reset. Nothing seems to work.
Old 10-05-2017, 06:39 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In that case, you probably need to reimage the internal SD card. I have sent a PM with a link to the image to try.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:09 AM   #5
Melp

How do I reimage the internal SD card ? By directly plugging the Kobo in a computer and sending the image to it ?
Advert
Old 10-12-2017, 07:05 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

You need to take the card out of the device. See Memory Upgrade Mod Guide. It is for the Glo, but the basic steps and tools needed are the same.