Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-10-2019, 04:27 AM   #1
Cyfranek
Groupie
Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: PocketBok Era, Kindle Oasis 3, Bookeen Diva HD
Kobo Reading Life Awards

Hi,
I can't se Kobo Reeading Life Awards works. Are there still alive? All my former awards seems to be frozen
Cyfranek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 09:53 AM   #2
Number9
Dude
Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One; Kobo Aura H2o; Sony Reader PRS-T3
Same here 🙄
Number9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2019, 03:26 AM   #3
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Kobo Reading Life Awards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfranek View Post
Hi,

I can't se Kobo Reeading Life Awards works. Are there still alive? All my former awards seems to be frozen

Are you accessing the awards with a kobo ereader or the app? If an app, which platform? My Kobo Aura One shows the rewards just fine, though kobo doesn’t seem to update more than a few core awards anymore. My kobo reading app on the iPhone also displays the Reading Life Awards—Lost in Austen forlornly awaits four more books to be read.

The only problem I encounter is that the awards are floating around on my iOS app. I can’t seem to paginate them anymore unless I force quit the app. 🤷🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by Cootey; 05-14-2019 at 03:28 AM.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 12:49 PM   #4
Cyfranek
Groupie
Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

I just use Kobo Clara HD with side-loaded kepubs and can't see any progress/updates from previous readers. I don't use app at all, becouse there is no possiblity to load my own books. I did start earning awards with Kobo Mini in 2013 and can't see any noticable changes after it (through Kobo Aura H2O and Kobo Glo HD). Maybe tehere were some, but now with Clara HD nothing changes.

Last edited by Cyfranek; 05-14-2019 at 12:53 PM.
Old 05-15-2019, 02:49 AM   #5
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfranek View Post
I just use Kobo Clara HD with side-loaded kepubs and can't see any progress/updates from previous readers. I don't use app at all, becouse there is no possiblity to load my own books. I did start earning awards with Kobo Mini in 2013 and can't see any noticable changes after it (through Kobo Aura H2O and Kobo Glo HD). Maybe tehere were some, but now with Clara HD nothing changes.

I have heard some suggest that side-loaded books don’t trigger award completion. I think it may depend on the awards. Have you tried fixing your account to see if that fixes the problem? Settings>Device Information>Repair. Worst case solution, wipe the device and restore the books again. Maybe there is a corruption that needs resetting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2019, 03:29 PM   #6
Cyfranek
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootey View Post
I have heard some suggest that side-loaded books don’t trigger award completion.
I used to read almost only side-loaded e-books. I did bought only one from Kobo. OK. I'll see what will hapen after account reairing. Thanks for suggestion!
Old 05-16-2019, 11:49 PM   #7
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Side loaded epubs used to work with Kobo Awards, independant of a Kobo account. (I haven't tested this in many years), but side loaded Kepubs definitely do not.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 10:44 AM   #8
Cyfranek
Groupie

OK, thanks for help. I'll try with side-loaded epubs then.
Old 05-17-2019, 07:08 PM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashkae View Post
Side loaded epubs used to work with Kobo Awards, independant of a Kobo account. (I haven't tested this in many years), but side loaded Kepubs definitely do not.
Which awards don't count sideloaded kepub? Most of them are simple counters of what you do. They don't make distinctions in format. The ones that do make distinctions, it is between purchased books and sideloaded.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote