Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-08-2019, 03:41 AM   #1
SoftwareSucks
SoftwareSucks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Lightbulb Duokan License?

Is Duokan an open source project? Is there a license somewhere? I'd like to modify it and release my modifications to the public.
SoftwareSucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 10:31 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Hahahahahhaahahahahahahahahhhaahhaahahahah.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

In short: No, they're probably in violation of every OSS license under the sun.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2019, 04:04 PM   #3
nurusz
Enthusiast
nurusz will become famous soon enoughnurusz will become famous soon enoughnurusz will become famous soon enoughnurusz will become famous soon enoughnurusz will become famous soon enoughnurusz will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
In short: No, they're probably in violation of every OSS license under the sun.
I use Duokan for long time on my K4 (no internet) specially for the ability to read PDFs and EPUBs much better than the Kindle itself. Do you think that it's dangerous to use it only because it's Chinese ?
nurusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 05:31 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurusz View Post
I use Duokan for long time on my K4 (no internet) specially for the ability to read PDFs and EPUBs much better than the Kindle itself. Do you think that it's dangerous to use it only because it's Chinese ?
Not because it is "only" Chinese, because it is in violation intellectual property rights.

The Chinese National government has made multiple statements on intellectual property rights.
Eventually they will get around to the violators, stand them against a wall, and shoot them.
But it is a big country and it will take time for that to happen.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 09:27 PM   #5
SoftwareSucks
SoftwareSucks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I don't think it's that dangerous to use as long as you don't connect to wifi, just my personal opinion.
SoftwareSucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2019, 01:44 PM   #6
nurusz
Enthusiast
nurusz will become famous soon enoughnurusz will become famous soon enoughnurusz will become famous soon enoughnurusz will become famous soon enoughnurusz will become famous soon enoughnurusz will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftwareSucks View Post
I don't think it's that dangerous to use as long as you don't connect to wifi, just my personal opinion.
You are right. I use it as a real book. Books are downloaded from my PC
nurusz is offline   Reply With Quote