Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-10-2019, 04:13 PM   #31
janrey
Zealot
janrey understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.janrey understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.janrey understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.janrey understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.janrey understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.janrey understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.janrey understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.janrey understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.janrey understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.janrey understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.janrey understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: Kindle3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimi3013 View Post
My Voyage running 5.10.1.1 has just started having a problem with collections.

When I look at collections on the home list, it says the normal "22 Items" or however many, but when I open it I only the first two books listed. When I sort the collection by "Author" it displays them all, as does "Recent". Only "Title" has problems. On collections where that take multiple page I can still turn the page, but they are all blank. The same issue happens if I sort by "Title" the home page, I get to page 11 of 119 and it's blank from there on.

My book are all manually loaded after I process them via Calibre. I want to sort via title as I name the books in the form 'XX - NAME', where XX is the number it is in a series. The last book listed is named "02 - Vicious Circle", which is the last alphabetically of the books with titles starting '02 - '.

Newly created collections have the same problems, as does creating completely new book files and adding them to collections. Resetting hasn't help, but I've not tried a factory reset as I'm hoping to avoid having to manually re-create all the collections.

I don't use the sync option, but I do occasionally look things up via the browser so I may have hit something by accident while doing that, but I don't think I have.

Anyone have any ideas on what might be happening?
Interesting, I just tried that on my voyage and I can see the items on sort recent and title but nothing shows when I sort by author. These are not side loaded books but most, though not all, are library borrowed. I have 3 collections so I tried another collection and sort by author only shows 2 while sort by recent or title show them all. Third collection only 5 show up sort by author but recent and title show. In the other two collections they consist of more purchased books vs. library.

I'm not going to try a factory reset at the moment, maybe later as I don't use collections much anymore since you can filter read and unread.

Last edited by janrey; 05-10-2019 at 04:23 PM.
janrey is offline   Reply With Quote