Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 05-12-2019, 03:11 AM   #451
heyman
Connoisseur
heyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it is

Device: sony
this is the neoreader 2.0 if you want to try it on likebook or any phones

https://www90.zippyshare.com/v/DkqGq4yn/file.html
heyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 04:54 PM   #452
Waiting4somethin
Addict
Waiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the rough

Device: Wexler Flex One, NookST, n96ml+
Can someone please help me?

Does scrolling in third party browser refresh the screen when you stop for a duration?
Waiting4somethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 10:08 PM   #453
geordie2019
geordie2019 began at the beginning.

Device: Mimas likebook 10.3
Replacement stylus - It uses the same as Samsung Note - any version. Got 2 for $6 on Amazon that work great (except no eraser)
geordie2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 04:50 PM   #454
quiltfanatic
quiltfanatic began at the beginning.

Device: Xoom
My new Mimas just arrived but its in Chinese and I cannot read it. How do you change default language to English?
quiltfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 02:09 AM   #455
dennisdd
Enthusiast
dennisdd doesn't litterdennisdd doesn't litter

Device: Likebook Mimas
Lightbulb

I use the Mimas mainly for academic reading and reviewing/annotating.
So far I really like the Mimas and it has become an integral part of my work.

However, what is really a pain is how hard it is to get PDF files on the Mimas and the annotate ones off from it. What would be really needed is a perfect integration of cloud storage.
What do I mean by this?
Open PDFs directly from cloud storage, preferably Dropbox in the Likebook PDF reader. Annotate. Just directly save from the PDF reader to Dropbox with the notes. Best would be to allow to overwrite the file that was opened with the one including notes or have to option to save as a copy on Dropbox.

This is what I do at the moment, any suggestions for improvements are welcome, but you see, it needs to be much better:
Put pdf on Dropbox on computer.Turn on WiFi on Mimas,open Dropbox, select file in Dropbox, Download. Search for sub-sub-sub folder in Android where Dropbox loaded,open and annotate in Boyue PDF.

When done annotating, Export notes,find subfolder where pdf with notes exported. Send via email to myself. Other possibilty: always take out cable, attach and find subfolders to transfer.

Hope that we see an update soon.

Thanks,
Dennis
dennisdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 03:16 AM   #456
dennisdd
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisdd View Post
I use the Mimas mainly for academic reading and reviewing/annotating.
So far I really like the Mimas and it has become an integral part of my work.

However, what is really a pain is how hard it is to get PDF files on the Mimas and the annotate ones off from it. What would be really needed is a perfect integration of cloud storage.
What do I mean by this?
Open PDFs directly from cloud storage, preferably Dropbox in the Likebook PDF reader. Annotate. Just directly save from the PDF reader to Dropbox with the notes. Best would be to allow to overwrite the file that was opened with the one including notes or have to option to save as a copy on Dropbox.

This is what I do at the moment, any suggestions for improvements are welcome, but you see, it needs to be much better:
Put pdf on Dropbox on computer.Turn on WiFi on Mimas,open Dropbox, select file in Dropbox, Download. Search for sub-sub-sub folder in Android where Dropbox loaded,open and annotate in Boyue PDF.

When done annotating, Export notes,find subfolder where pdf with notes exported. Send via email to myself. Other possibilty: always take out cable, attach and find subfolders to transfer.

Hope that we see an update soon.

Thanks,
Dennis
PS: And it is unfortunate if I use this workflow that PDFs do not show up on the home screen as recently read or added...
Otherwise I am really enthusiastic about this device for digitalizing the academic workflow.
Old 05-21-2019, 11:01 AM   #457
geordie2019

Tip: Do not leave Lifebook in the sun with the pen in holder. The rubbery holder will melt and be basically impossible to remove the pen
Old 05-21-2019, 12:18 PM   #458
geordie2019

Using the built in FileManager to add Google Drive as a "NetDisk" makes exporting pdfs and notes a bit easier. Long-pressing a file from within FileManager then includes the option to upload to Google Drive. This is still a bit cumbersome, but definitely better.
Old 05-22-2019, 03:52 AM   #459
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Quote:
Originally Posted by geordie2019 View Post
Using the built in FileManager to add Google Drive as a "NetDisk" makes exporting pdfs and notes a bit easier. Long-pressing a file from within FileManager then includes the option to upload to Google Drive. This is still a bit cumbersome, but definitely better.
Is your goal to get it on the cloud or are you trying to just export them to the PC/Mac?
Malcolm
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 06:08 PM   #460
geordie2019

Exporting

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
Is your goal to get it on the cloud or are you trying to just export them to the PC/Mac?
Malcolm
My goal is to email marked-up pdfs to the person who will be typing the changes. Other posters have complained about the number of steps. But now I:
1. Get an email w pdf attachment, save it to GDrive fr Gmail. 2. Go to FileManager, choose "Netdisk" & download attachment. 3. Open attachment with FileManager from Gdrive folder with Boyue OS. 4. Markup. 5. Export "wholebook" to Notes folder. 6. Navigate to Notes folder w FileManager and longpress on file, choose upload to Gdrive. 7. Open Gmail, choose attachment from Gdrive. Not as hard as it sounds. But it would be just awesome to be able to email right from the Boyue OS.
Old 05-22-2019, 07:31 PM   #461
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Quote:
My goal is to email marked-up pdfs to the person who will be typing the changes. Other posters have complained about the number of steps. But now I:
1. Get an email w pdf attachment, save it to GDrive fr Gmail. 2. Go to FileManager, choose "Netdisk" & download attachment. 3. Open attachment with FileManager from Gdrive folder with Boyue OS. 4. Markup. 5. Export "wholebook" to Notes folder. 6. Navigate to Notes folder w FileManager and longpress on file, choose upload to Gdrive. 7. Open Gmail, choose attachment from Gdrive. Not as hard as it sounds. But it would be just awesome to be able to email right from the Boyue OS.
Well you can slim it down somewhat I think. Use gmail app on mimas, open email, open attachment (pick to open it in the app that can mark it up) then export the workbook, go back to your email with the OG attachment or new email in gmail app, reply to it or make new mail and attach the file you made (it will let you just pick it right there off the internal file manger app (not boyues). If the file is to big the gmail app will convert it to a drive link for you if needed.
Malcolm
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 02:31 AM   #462
dennisdd
Enthusiast

Quote:
Thanks for the hint for long-press to upload. Still not convenient for everyday work. Yes, sending PDFs with notes via E-Mail directly from Boyues PDF reader would be great. However, we also need a way to just directly and very simply open a PDF from Gdrive/Dropbox and directly save it back there with the notes directly from Boyues PDF Reader.
Old 05-29-2019, 09:24 AM   #463
swordman
swordman began at the beginning.

Device: likebook mimas
Dear All ,
I am new here but have read some of this thread .
I have a amazon kindle .

I am very satisfied with the reading experience with the kindle with its back light . I usually only turns it to the middle range and it is good enough for me .
Since the boox notes has no light on it . I found it a bit difficult for me to read.
It maybe too dark for me .

Thus , I am considering to buy a mimas 10.3 inches which has backlight .
Can anyone tell me a bit how is your experience about the mimas with backlight ? Is it really comfortable as a kindle ? How is it if compared to no back light such as boox notes. Thank you .
swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 12:49 AM   #464
geordie2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordman View Post
Dear All ,
I am new here but have read some of this thread .
I have a amazon kindle .

I am very satisfied with the reading experience with the kindle with its back light . I usually only turns it to the middle range and it is good enough for me .
Since the boox notes has no light on it . I found it a bit difficult for me to read.
It maybe too dark for me .

Thus , I am considering to buy a mimas 10.3 inches which has backlight .
Can anyone tell me a bit how is your experience about the mimas with backlight ? Is it really comfortable as a kindle ? How is it if compared to no back light such as boox notes. Thank you .
The backlight uses a third party app to mix the blue/white light and orange light as you prefer. I like both on max.Warmer and more friendly than the Kindle. The Kindle is of course lighter, but the likebook has so much more on the page. I use both, depending on the mission
Old 06-03-2019, 10:59 AM   #465
rubensa
rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Boyue Likebook Mimas
Today I had a problem with Mimas Notes App.
  • I was editing a note, leaved Mimas alone and when came back, it had shutten down.
  • I powered it again and opened the note I was editing.
  • Then I realized that all changes I had made where lost.

I expected the note to be saved before eReader goes down.
Looks like notes are only saved when exiting (but not saved if you do not close it).

How can I report this bug to Bouye?

Thanks!
rubensa is offline   Reply With Quote