Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 03-28-2018, 01:54 PM   #1
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Exclamation Sideload books....

I know this has been discussed to death, but I am trying to help a friend sideload some books onto her fire (5G). I've tried mobi (with [ebok] and no tag at all) as well as azw3 and none of them appear in the kindle carousel.

What am I doing wrong?!

Thanks!
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 02:39 PM   #2
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ugh, I figured it out...NO subfolders (DUH I read that somewhere but thought it was discredited)

Now if I can just figure out Collections on the Fire!
Old 03-29-2018, 08:42 PM   #3
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby98 View Post
Ugh, I figured it out...NO subfolders (DUH I read that somewhere but thought it was discredited)

Now if I can just figure out Collections on the Fire!
You can put books into subfolders on purpose in order to avoid them appearing in the books and docs tabs. To open them you can click on them using a File Manager App such as ES.

The problem with collections on a Fire is that every Fire seems to be different. My HDX has no way of getting the classic "show all collections plus all books not in a collection" display and of course the Fire 2 ignores collections.
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 12:13 PM   #4
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Put them in the DOCUMENTS Folder all ready on the Fire. Then they ALL will show up under the Books Tab at the top of the Fire. Then on the Fire got to the Books & there you will find the Collections....
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 07:25 PM   #5
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
Put them in the DOCUMENTS Folder all ready on the Fire. Then they ALL will show up under the Books Tab at the top of the Fire. Then on the Fire got to the Books & there you will find the Collections....
But that's ALL the books OR all the collections.

As I posted above - my HDX has no way of getting the classic "show all collections plus all books not in a collection" display.
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 12:29 PM   #6
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little.Egret View Post
But that's ALL the books OR all the collections.

As I posted above - my HDX has no way of getting the classic "show all collections plus all books not in a collection" display.
The only devices that can show collections that way are Kindles.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 04:12 PM   #7
gabby98
Wizard

Thanks everyone...I was doing this for a friend, but she's just so happy to be reading again that she's perfectly happy with the way they are now. I think the collections were more for my own OCD.