Notices

Old 05-20-2017, 12:18 AM   #1
JayKindle
Connoisseur
JayKindle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8
BUG v2.85.1 formats sharing books by email

I updated today to: calibre-64bit-2.85.1

My last version was: calibre-64bit-2.78.0 -- NOTE: I didn't test if that bug also existed in that older version.

I noticed a bug, or something that looks a bit bizarre.

I added a new address to the share books by email feature for my new FIRE HD 8 after the update.

And noticed that it took a very long to send the small 3 page mobi file--simple instructions--nothing fancy -- it was txt file converted to a mobi file.

I then sent it to another (older) KINDLE HD on my list and that one was instantaneous.

I then checked again if I entered the email address correctly, which I did, but then I noticed a bizarre formatting.

On my other Kindle Fires the formatting looks like this:

(notice each is separated by one comma followed by a space)

Code:
AZW, MOBI, TPZ, PRC, AZW1
But the new one I just added had this for the formatting:

(notice the two commas and no space)

Code:
AZW,,MOBI,,TPZ,,PRC,,AZW1
Plus if I select any of the previous boxes for the formatting it then gets changed to the bizarre two commas and no space. Or one comma with no space in between -- perhaps it hates spaces now?

I don't know if this is normal or not, so I thought I'd report it just in case.

Here is a screenshot: (NOTE: I blocked in red the private stuff, but placed a green arrow pointing to the strange formatting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	email_settings.png
Views:	168
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	156886  
JayKindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 03:46 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It's just a cosmetic thing, the double commas dont affect any actual functionality. In any case, here's the fix: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...3ac3bcfdca1362
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert