Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-31-2010, 04:38 PM   #1
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Another PDF conversion in Calibre thread

OK, I did not see this in the treads I found so I wanna ask first before a couple hours of frustration if there is no point. I have a reference book, an old copy the The Javascript Bible that also has the book in PDF on the included CD. It's one of those PDF's with all the support files apart from the main PDF. Here is the structure

---dir with files
-----/index
--------{contains a bunch of subdirs with index files I suppose}
-----index.pdx
-----JavaScriptGold.pdf

So, assuming there is not a password thing on the file, and it might well be locked, how do I hand this off to Calibre and give it a shot at the conversion to my K2i 6" panel. I know the 6" panel is not an optimal size but I would much rather have a klunky PDF than a 8lb 5" thick book to lug with me as a reference...and yeah I can just read the PDF on the laptop but would really love a way to get it on the K2i...but if it's not reasonable to expect then no point. Would be nice to just send it all to Amazon and let them do any conversion but don't even know if that would work...I HATE PDF as a book format even though it makes the look pretty.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:35 PM   #2
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
never mind but thanks anway, found a more straightforward and simplier option...coverted to mobi and working just fine not...thanks anyway.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert