Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-07-2009, 11:37 PM   #1
Journier
Groupie
Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Talking Perdido Street Station-Free at Sony

Hi all, just thought you should know. I noticed Perdido Street Station is free at the Sony book store. I became very intrigued with it in one of the forums when it was mentioned and downloaded it. Just thought you should know.
Richard
Journier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:50 AM   #2
dogsballs
Zealot
dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony psr-505
thank you
dogsballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2009, 08:23 AM   #3
kpfeifle
Enthusiast
kpfeifle began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300- Kindle 3 (WiFi)
Thanks, just downloaded it!
kpfeifle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:40 PM   #4
Treven
Addict
Treven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
Ditto
Treven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:35 PM   #5
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
I read so many opposite reviews I had to download it !
Thanks for the post !
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2009, 09:55 PM   #6
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Thanks!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 11:20 PM   #7
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Wow, great! I was curious about this one. I'll read it eventually, but picky me, I found an error on the first page (a barge doesn't have a prow).
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 11:26 PM   #8
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
I know it's posted on another post but not a "SONY" post...

Full Moon Rising by Keri Arthur
Changelings - Book One by Anne McCaffrey

is also a Sony freebie right now...
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 11:56 AM   #9
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw View Post
Wow, great! I was curious about this one. I'll read it eventually, but picky me, I found an error on the first page (a barge doesn't have a prow).

Ummmm.... yes, it does.

Not just in common usage, but there are many patents regarding barges and their prows (including how to control a towed barge using connectors on the prow).

It doesn't have to be a sharp cut bow that cuts the water and has a masthead attached - it's just the front of the craft (ship or air).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 12:03 PM   #10
Timoleon
Time Enough at Last
Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPhone 5, Kindle 3, Fire, Sony PRS-350
This was an excellent book!!
Timoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 06:21 PM   #11
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Question, I am using a Mac and just downloaded this. It was my first time using the Sony library. I don't want to use the Sony library to put it on my Reader (a 505) because I don't want to mess up Calibre. How do I get this ebook from the Sony store into Calibre and onto my Reader?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:11 PM   #12
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Ummmm.... yes, it does.

Not just in common usage, but there are many patents regarding barges and their prows (including how to control a towed barge using connectors on the prow).

It doesn't have to be a sharp cut bow that cuts the water and has a masthead attached - it's just the front of the craft (ship or air).
Sorry, common usage where I come from (Great Lakes shipping) is Merriam-Webster's definition #2: "a pointed projecting front part." I've never considered it synonymous with "bow," because why bother to have another word that just means exactly the same thing?
Old 09-12-2009, 10:13 PM   #13
curtw
Outside of a dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
Question, I am using a Mac and just downloaded this. It was my first time using the Sony library. I don't want to use the Sony library to put it on my Reader (a 505) because I don't want to mess up Calibre. How do I get this ebook from the Sony store into Calibre and onto my Reader?
Why would you think that the Sony software would "mess up" Calibre? The two get along just fine on my Mac, and neither one creates problems on my Reader.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:16 PM   #14
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
You're right, it's not wise to use both Sony Library and Calibre to transfer books to the reader.

The download should be stored in My Documents/My Books/Ebook Library. You can load it into Calibre the same way you load other books.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 11:00 PM   #15
mikemc2
Zealot
mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony PRS-505,Kindle 3,Nook HD+,iPod Touch,Kindle PW2
I've the best way to find free books for my 505 is to check the Kindle store best sellers list and then search for any interesting titles @ the Sony store.
mikemc2 is offline   Reply With Quote