Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-14-2017, 12:59 PM   #1
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Indexing Stuck on an MR book

I'm trying to put George Gissing's "The Emancipated" onto my Kindle Paperwhite 2. I downloaded the book from MobileRead's library. It's been stuck for hours. Nothing else is trying to index.

Does anyone have an idea why this is happening? I'm trying to avoid using a version from somewhere else, such as manybooks, because I particularly like the books in the MR library.

Any help or ideas appreciated. Thanks.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 01:00 PM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
I'm trying to put George Gissing's "The Emancipated" onto my Kindle Paperwhite 2. I downloaded the book from MobileRead's library. It's been stuck for hours. Nothing else is trying to index.

Does anyone have an idea why this is happening? I'm trying to avoid using a version from somewhere else, such as manybooks, because I particularly like the books in the MR library.

Any help or ideas appreciated. Thanks.
Delete and redownload.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2017, 01:08 PM   #3
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, I've already tried that, this is the second download. I gave up on the first and made myself the following note before deleting the first attempt (I don't remember where the first one came from):

"Re-download The Emancipated from several different sources; put on Kindle one at a time and see which one indexes."
Old 08-14-2017, 01:10 PM   #4
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Have you tried restarting the kindle?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 01:13 PM   #5
BookCat
C L J

Thanks, that worked!
Advert

Tags
indexing, kindle