Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-19-2012, 12:54 PM   #1
Brianrh
Connoisseur
Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Synchronising between Kobo devices

i have the Android Kobo app on my Android phone and a Kobo Touch. I currently have four books I'm reading on the touch but only two of these appear on the phone plus a different book. I sychronise the touch and refresh the Kobo for Android and expect some correlation between the two but it doesn't happen. The two common books when I open them on the phone start at the first page and not where I am in the book on the Touch; also the books on the phone haven't a full set of pages.

Am I correct in thinking that I should at least get the two books on the same page on both devices or what is the use of synchronising?

Thanks.

Brian
Brianrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:17 PM   #2
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Did you buy the two books in common from Kobo?
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2012, 02:41 PM   #3
Brianrh
Connoisseur
Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No all my books are sideloaded. Does this make a difference? My son uses the Android Kindle app with sideloaded apps and his sync for reading works fine.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:11 PM   #4
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, it make a difference. Due to privacy concerns Kobo does not transmit any data about sideloaded books to its servers. As a result, synchronization between devices is impossible with sideloaded content.

Some people find this inconvenient. Myself, I prefer it that way. I understand Kobo keeping track of what I buy from them. I appreciate that they don't nose around the rest of my ebook library.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:49 PM   #5
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Will they sync side loaded epubs I buy from them?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2012, 04:04 PM   #6
ottdmk
Wizard

Actually, they don't. Synchronizing is tied to the "kepub" format.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:46 PM   #7
Brianrh
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottdmk View Post
Actually, they don't. Synchronizing is tied to the "kepub" format.
Thanks ottdmk it makes sense even though it's not exactly what I was hoping for.