Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-28-2011, 12:09 AM   #1
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
PanDigital "Super Nova" 8" Android 2.3 Tablet

http://www.engadget.com/2011/07/27/p...-on-leaves-li/

it has an 8" capacitive touch screen, front and back-facing cameras, 4GB of internal storage, HDMI and mini-USB and microSD 32GB.

no price yet.

Oh and it comes with Nook app pre-installed and Slide Me market

Might we see a version of this hardware from certain other companies as we have with the earlier 7" model?

Last edited by Dulin's Books; 07-28-2011 at 12:11 AM.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:27 AM   #2
gastan
Addict
gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: LePan II, Kobo Aura
Kind of anti-climatic in light of the numbers of honeycomb tablets being announced. Of course, being Pandigital, it will be aimed at the budget-minded crowd at Wal-mart so it won't hurt iPad or Acer or Toshiba or .........
gastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2011, 10:19 AM   #3
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

its not chasing them. Its chasing lcd display ereaders
Old 08-01-2011, 12:21 PM   #4
cutterjohn42
Addict
cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, EBM-911, REB-1100(dead), PRS-505
Someone on slatedroid found:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Pandigit...=1218370885098

$169.99, get a 10% off coupon from the USPS (Moving Kit IIRC), or dig up the number to text and the message and they send a 10% off code IIRC, and I believe that there may be a way to do it through their website(again a code) which would bring it down to c. $153 + tax...

not too bad for the specs, if you can live with a resistive touch screen...

[EDIT]
This might a different cost reduced model, as I see the SuperNova was supposed to have a capacitive touch screen...
[/EDIT]

Last edited by cutterjohn42; 08-01-2011 at 12:24 PM.
cutterjohn42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 03:29 PM   #5
Dulin's Books
Wizard

the User's Manual is now available and all of the photos are viewable so the confidentiality is over

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...cc_id=%27POTR8

it looks like the one at Best Buy is just "Nova" and has a 7 inch resistive. The one described at the FCC is an 8 inch capacitive display and is "SuperNova"

Last edited by Dulin's Books; 08-01-2011 at 03:31 PM.
Advert
Old 08-01-2011, 04:22 PM   #6
cutterjohn42
Addict
cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, EBM-911, REB-1100(dead), PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
the User's Manual is now available and all of the photos are viewable so the confidentiality is over

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...cc_id=%27POTR8

it looks like the one at Best Buy is just "Nova" and has a 7 inch resistive. The one described at the FCC is an 8 inch capacitive display and is "SuperNova"
someone @ slatedroid said that they had just bought one and that it does have a capacitive touch screen...
cutterjohn42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:25 PM   #7
zorah
Enthusiast
zorah is on a distinguished road

Device: iPad; iPhone; Asus T91MT; Kindle Touch
I just got the PanDigital Nova at BB. It says capacitive on the box. It acts pretty close to it. Maybe not quite as silky as a Honeycomb or iPad, but more than acceptable. Yes-I'm an iOS user, but an open-minded one, and I wanted also a 7" reader that would be more comfortable to hold while reading in bed or long periods of time, and also something that is small enough to even fit in a small purse that I can easily tote with me too to places I wouldn't haul my iPad to. I also wanted to be able to do some light web surfing, and if possible, just have some free Android apps too. I must say-the Nova is a decent unit, and I'm saying this as an iPad owner. I have a micro SD card somewhere around here so I can load more apps into it. It comes ready-made to side load apps into it as well-no hacking necessary (unless you want full Market access). The GetJar site is loaded and I can get free apps from there-the Kindle one wouldn't download from that site, but no problem as I was able to side load it. I don't care about direct access to the Market. I'm just going to have a few free apps as I have a huge investment in paid iOS apps already, but it's Android. This unit has hard buttons on the front too that make for easy navigation. It is a fine companion to my iPad, and if I didn't have an iPad, I could live with the Nova. No, it's not quite comparable to the pricey Honeycomb tablets and iPad, but it really is most definitely a tablet and for people who are limited on funds but want a tablet, it's a darn decent option. I'm using it almost as much as my iPad.
zorah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:13 PM   #8
Dulin's Books
Wizard

thanks zorah
Old 08-10-2011, 09:50 PM   #9
zorah
Enthusiast
zorah is on a distinguished road

Device: iPad; iPhone; Asus T91MT; Kindle Touch
No problem! I saw some comments on review sites that weren't fair to it-people ought to try one before they make such comments and just dismiss it. I have no idea yet what the battery life will be, but I am guessing that like the Novel, it is not meant to be left on standby like the high-end tablets. I have a family member with a Novel, so I know the Novel's battery drains when left on standby/sleep without being fully powered off. However-I have not tested this out on the Nova-I just power off. The unit boots up fast enough for me, so not having the "instant on from sleep/standby" is not the end of the world, and so far, I haven't needed to charge in 2 days, using it about 1/2-3/4 hr daily at night between reading and wifi. It already had a firmware update-I updated it right from the unit today. Battery is still showing up there. Don't know that I'm a good measure-but I don't do heavy duty hours on end use-more like an hour at a time at most.

Last edited by zorah; 08-10-2011 at 09:57 PM.
zorah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 07:14 AM   #10
khatara
khatara began at the beginning.

Device: pandigital supernova 8"depends
syncing/users manual

How in the heck do i sync this supernova device to google account? It just doesnt let me anyone know how?
khatara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:40 AM   #11
Lsantiago7859
Enthusiast
Lsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Samsung 10.1 tablet, Nook HD+ and SONY PRS-T2
Question ROOTING Supernova

A friend bought a Pandigital for her son - Xmas present of course, without thought to what he might need. Can a Pandigital be rooted? Can she buy a microSD card with programming on it like an n2a card, since neither of us would know a procedure if it hit us in the face.
Lsantiago7859 is offline   Reply With Quote