Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-19-2007, 07:39 AM   #1
anthony44
anthony44 began at the beginning.

Device: e6
Recommended books?

What are some books that you have read that you would recommend to a person? Why would you recommend it? Was it really good or was it bearable?
anthony44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 07:41 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I would highly recommend Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison. I found it to be really good.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2007, 12:12 PM   #3
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Darrel Bain's books are usually very good. I'm reading Prion Promises now and it's hard to stop reading. (Available on Fictionwise.)

Surprisingly, I am also enjoying Rip Foster Rides the Gray Planet. A 1950's era sci-fi novel. Heinlein-eqsue story. I expected a cheezy space opera, but the story is much more interesting than I expected. I think this one came from Manybooks.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:03 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I have been amazingly impressed by R. Austin Freeman's "Dr Thorndyke" detective novels. I hadn't come across this author before accidentally finding his books on PG, and I'm just bowled over by them - they are superb stories.

For users of the Sony Reader, 15 "Dr Thorndyke" novels, and 5 books of short stories are currently available for free download on the Book Uploads forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 04:10 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I have been amazingly impressed by R. Austin Freeman's "Dr Thorndyke" detective novels. I hadn't come across this author before accidentally finding his books on PG, and I'm just bowled over by them - they are superb stories.

For users of the Sony Reader, 15 "Dr Thorndyke" novels, and 5 books of short stories are currently available for free download on the Book Uploads forum.
I've just added another Dr. Thorndyke book.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11570
Advert
Old 06-19-2007, 10:40 PM   #6
Andanzas
Out of print
Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (recycled), Pocketbook Inkpad X Pro
It would be easier to recommend you a book if you say what kinds of books you usually like...
Andanzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 05:19 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I usually like science fiction/fantasy. But lately I have been getting into mystery as well.

Jon