Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-09-2011, 05:01 PM   #91
daenas
daenas began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EzReader Pocket Pro and Nook Color
Hi everyone! I bought my NC (Nook Color) two weeks ago and just love it! I rooted mine with the CM 7.0.3 and love it even more! I liked the simplicity of the stock BN os on the NC, but hated the price of the apps. Not only is BN trying make more money off of us, but highway robbery! That being said, I did break down and buy some apps before I decided to root mine. I also have an Astak EZ Reader Pro which I really enjoyed for the past two years, but now it's collecting dust. LOL
daenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:57 PM   #92
donnae402
donnae402 began at the beginning.

Device: astak ez reader
Yes I buy books from online sites like Loose Id and other sites I download them to my desktop and then put them on my palm pilot as I stated earlier I own an Astek ez reader and hate I just want to be sure that the nook color will allow me to do this.
donnae402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2011, 07:00 PM   #93
mommamcnaught
mommamcnaught began at the beginning.

Device: Sharper Image Literati, Nook Simple Touch
New here! Just bought Simple Touch today... have a literati that I couldn't resist when it was $40 at BBB, but I'm ready for eink now
mommamcnaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 08:13 AM   #94
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Welcome to all the new Nook owners! Welcome to the group!!

@donnae402 - You can buy books from vendors other than B&N. Save them to your desktop, connect your Nook to your computer, and sideload the books onto your Nook if that is what you are asking.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:48 PM   #95
Felipe
Bookworm
Felipe began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayce View Post
If you're going to download via PC and "side-load" a book onto the nook, it HAS to go into the my documents folder. It doesn't matter whether you bought the book from B&N or not. The only way things get loaded into the B&N library is via wifi or 3G download directly onto the nook by checking for new content.
Does this means that you can fireup the calibre web server and download the books to the B&N Library or is the Library just for B&N books downloaded witn wifi or 3G?
Felipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2011, 06:19 AM   #96
bluila
bluila began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Is it possible to charge dictionary on the Nook touch?

bluila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:04 AM   #97
neel2004
neel2004 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I guess this is as good of a place as any for a first post. I bought a Nook Simple Touch Reader about a week ago after doing a lot of research between that and the Kindle. This forum was really helpful in my research, but I did not join at that point.

I love the device so far, and have already read over 1000 pages on it! I love its small size, and great screen. I can't wait until a good SD-card only root is available for it -- can't wait to have a better browser, other eBook apps, and (I can hope) a forum reader like Tapatalk.
neel2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:42 AM   #98
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by neel2004 View Post
I guess this is as good of a place as any for a first post. I bought a Nook Simple Touch Reader about a week ago after doing a lot of research between that and the Kindle. This forum was really helpful in my research, but I did not join at that point.

I love the device so far, and have already read over 1000 pages on it! I love its small size, and great screen. I can't wait until a good SD-card only root is available for it -- can't wait to have a better browser, other eBook apps, and (I can hope) a forum reader like Tapatalk.
Very cool, glad you are enjoying your new nook. Welcome to the nook board.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:55 AM   #99
pdxreads
Enthusiast
pdxreads doesn't litterpdxreads doesn't litterpdxreads doesn't litter

Device: Nook ST, Color Nook, iPad 2 & 4, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluila View Post
Is it possible to charge dictionary on the Nook touch?

I asked B&N customer service if the hardwired dictionary could be changed, & they said no-- but maybe some of the savvy developers who've rooted the STR would know of a way!

I'd like 1) something more robust than Merriam-Webster's + 2) an option to load a French dictionary as well-- and/or simply an option to upload additional wordlists.
pdxreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:52 PM   #100
octoberdana
Enthusiast
octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Nook Touch, Kindle Touch
I am taking advantage of the 14 day return policy to try a nook str.
octoberdana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:53 PM   #101
Snauzoo
Enthusiast
Snauzoo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Snauzoo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Snauzoo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad
Longish time member, iPad avid user and calibre fiend, I just bought NOOKcolor for my husband for his birthday. I have a bazillion books already and have added many to my granddaughters first gen NOOK -- just wanted to pop in here and say hello in this forum, and to ask, is the process using ADE the same? I do not like using Calibre to load my iPad and never tried it with the 1g NOOK. Got $25 off since I am an B&N member, so it was good deal!
Snauzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:19 PM   #102
donnae402
donnae402 began at the beginning.

Device: astak ez reader
Thanks for your help really appreciate it.
donnae402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:14 AM   #103
blueblau
blueblau began at the beginning.

Hi guys, I'm a nook user as well (new touch reader bought app. 5 days ago), love it!
blueblau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:36 AM   #104
bluila
bluila began at the beginning.

Hallo!

I've just received my Nokk simple touch... it's amazing!
I'm arguing with the library (if you pull out the microSD they go empty), but it's a small problem...
bluila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 05:40 PM   #105
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluila View Post
Hallo!

I've just received my Nokk simple touch... it's amazing!
I'm arguing with the library (if you pull out the microSD they go empty), but it's a small problem...
That would be because it's reading the card not downloading it's contents. someone correct me if I'm wrong. So I guess solutions is to leave the card in

Glad to hear you are otherwise enjoying the Nook STR. it really is quite the device. It's soo fast. That's the one thing that struck me. It has to be the fastest eink out there today.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote