Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 08-07-2017, 07:11 AM   #766
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
@Bookcat -- I will take a whack at Castle Inn. There are only 5 illustrations for this book, and they are gray-scale, but the scan process might have left them pretty fuzzy and blotchy.(sometimes those scans of photogravure pics of paintings almost look as though they were crocheted!) I haven't examined them yet, but maybe we will be lucky.

Last edited by GrannyGrump; 08-07-2017 at 07:42 AM.
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 11:19 AM   #767
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Thank you so much GrannyGrump. I look forward to the book.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 10:23 AM   #768
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've just read this:

Quote:
There's also P.G. Wodehouse's wonderful series of "School" stories, all of which are available on PG. They are, in order:

1. The Pothunters
2. A Prefect's Uncle
3. Tales of St. Austin's
4. The Gold Bat
5. The Head of Kay's
6. The White Feather
7. Mike

"Mike" also introduces the character of "PSmith", and Mike and PSmith went on to feature in a series of later books by Wodehouse.

This thread has tempted me to re-read these books - it's years since I did so, and they're all wonderful stories. They portray life at an English public school* in the years prior to WWI - an event which changed life forever. "To Serve Them All My Days", by contrast, portrays the life of a schoolmaster who returns, shell-shocked, from the WWI trenches.

* "public school" in the British sense of the phrase, which is to say a private boarding school where pupils pay fees to attend.

But can't find the books in the MobileRead library.
I'm assuming that when Harry says, "all of which are available on PG" he means the UK PG, therefore they should be out of copyright in the UK.
If this is the case, I would love it if someone would add these to the library, particularly in a Kindle format.

Thanks lots.
Old 08-15-2017, 10:26 AM   #769
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
P. G. Wodehouse died in 1975. His works won't be out of copyright in the UK/EU until 2046.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 04:49 AM   #770
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
The Castle Inn is now uploaded --- epub and azw3/KF8. No Old Mobi this time, sorry.
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 05:22 AM   #771
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyGrump View Post
The Castle Inn is now uploaded --- epub and azw3/KF8. No Old Mobi this time, sorry.
Well done!
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 11:19 AM   #772
BookCat
C L J

Thank you!
Old 09-20-2017, 08:57 PM   #773
MrLeaderG
MrLeaderG began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyGrump View Post
Thank you! been searching for this
MrLeaderG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:59 AM   #774
BookCat
C L J

I'm currently reading A Moveable Feast by Hemingway. During a conversation between Gertrude Stein and Hemingway, Marie Belloc Lowndes is mentioned (recommended by Stein to Ernest). I googled her and found that she died in 1947, which by my poor maths puts her in the UK public domain.

I checked the Kindle section of the library; she's not there. I managed to get a copy of The Lodger from Gutenberg UK. She wrote masses of books. It would be great to have some of them in beautifully formatted form in the MR library.

Thanks.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:47 AM   #775
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
I'm currently reading A Moveable Feast by Hemingway. During a conversation between Gertrude Stein and Hemingway, Marie Belloc Lowndes is mentioned (recommended by Stein to Ernest). I googled her and found that she died in 1947, which by my poor maths puts her in the UK public domain.

I checked the Kindle section of the library; she's not there. I managed to get a copy of The Lodger from Gutenberg UK. She wrote masses of books. It would be great to have some of them in beautifully formatted form in the MR library.

Thanks.
Her works enter the UK public domain on 1st January 2018. Copyright ends at the end of the 70th year after the death of the author. 1947+70 = 2017, so copyright continues for the rest of 2017.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 09:50 AM   #776
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:

Thanks.
Authors who died in 1947 will enter public domain in Life+70 countries on January 1, 2018.

We do have books by Belloc Lowndes in the library as a search will show; they are currently offline but they should be restored early next year.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 03:43 AM   #777
BookCat
C L J

Thank you for the information. I mentioned that my maths is dodgy! There are a few of her books on PG UK, but not many.
Old 10-07-2017, 04:07 AM   #778
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Thank you for the information. I mentioned that my maths is dodgy! There are a few of her books on PG UK, but not many.
PG UK? That's a new one on me. Do you have a link, please?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 09:34 AM   #779
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Some of her books are public domain in the US (including The Lodger) because of their publication date. Could you be referencing the main Project Gutenberg site?
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 02:11 PM   #780
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Moderator Notice
This is not a thread to which ebooks should be uploaded. It is for requesting that someone prepare an ebook of a public domain work to contribute to our ebook library.

Uploading copyrighted works anywhere on Mobileread is forbidden and can result in a permanent ban. Please do not post any more pdfs to this thread, and do NOT post another copyrighted work anywhere here.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 10-08-2017 at 02:31 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote