Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 05-23-2012, 09:05 AM   #16
Laridae
Addict
Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Blackberry PlayBook, Nexus 4, ChromeBook
VOX Meltdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by renee0986 View Post
Forget using it as a tablet. If I were even able to read books without having to fight with it I would be satisfied.
Actually that's the one thing it's still good for; reading books. My ePubs were stored on the external SD card so they were not lost. I can continue to read them once I re-import them into the built-in Kobo reader app. (Note that this only works for non-DRM ePubs. If they have DRM they will be ignored and not imported with no message given.)

But, having been zapped once I don't trust it anymore and understandably won't spend much time setting it up and installing more apps since it could happen again at any time.

So, fwiw, my final solution to all this is to basically abandon the VOX and buy a RIM PlayBook - same size, similar price, but functionally wayyyy better! It's the one I should have got in the first place. Live and learn!

Last edited by Laridae; 05-23-2012 at 09:18 AM.
Laridae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:25 PM   #17
Char31
Char31 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Kobo has reset itself twice

I had the same problem with my Kobo Glo. It has reset itself to its factory settings twice now. Each time I lose my books; fortunately they're backed up. The Kobo Tier 2 support team has not resolved the problem.
Char31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:38 AM   #18
rene233
rene233 began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO VOX
Like many others my Kobo Vox reset itself to factory restart for some unknown reason. consequently I lost all books purchased and library books. You would think that by restoring the model I would be able to recover at least the books purchased. But no It no longer recognized my email address. KObo customers service upgraded my problem to senior tech team with a promise that I would be contacted in 48 hrs. It has been a week with no acknowledgement and my reminders go ignored. Since my books were purchased over a year ago I was not able to provide the book purchase confirmation order however I was able to provide a copy of my credit card statement showing the charges by Kobo for the books lost. Is there any way to reach someone at Kobo with some authority?
rene233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:28 PM   #19
Char31
Char31 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
My Kobo reset itself twice

My Kobo Glo reset itself to factory settings twice. I bought it from Chapters, which does not do returns of eReaders. They referred me to the Kobo help team who were completely useless. After many, many emails back and forth with them they couldn't figure out the problem. They sent me a replacement Glo. I think I figured out the problem myself when I noticed while I was reading that the backlight came on and off by itself randomly. The reader resets when you press both the light and the power button at the same time. Both times it reset itself was after I had just pressed the power button. I think the malfunctioning light probably came on at the same time I had pressed the power button. I wouldn't buy a Kobo again.
Char31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:57 PM   #20
rene233
rene233 began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO VOX
Finally got a resolution but only after great difficulty but other problems remain....cant fix my email address, the one on record does not exist....now my kobo desktop shuts down after connecting my ereader. No way will I buy another Kobo product. We have two ereaders the other one had to be replaced because the battery would not keep its charge.
rene233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 02:17 AM   #21
__taori__
__taori__ began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo hd
My kobo Glo HD has resetted by itselt twice (in one year). Really annoying to lose everything.
Anyway, this is just to say that they didn't fix the issue and it makes me think is hardware related and not a software issue.
__taori__ is offline   Reply With Quote