Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-10-2011, 01:27 PM   #1
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
Has anyone received a Red or White T1?

I gather that these units were released slightly later than the black ones, but if anyone has received them yet, please post some pics for us to see.
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:13 PM   #2
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
They're not out yet.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:32 PM   #3
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Someone in another thread posted some pics
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:43 PM   #4
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
Thanks. That gives a pretty good impression of the white one. Looks better than I expected. The silver buttons do not jump out as severely as they do on the black one. Hopefully, someone will get hold of a red one. I would like a better idea of what shade of red is being used. The ones on the Sony site make it look more purple or pinkish.
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:10 PM   #5
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
My red one is due to be delivered tomorrow (the 11th.) I'll try to post pictures.

By the by, I'm new to the Sony forum, as I have spent most of my time in the Astak forum with my still-loved Astak Pocket Pro. So I might make some noob statements along the way. Please forgive.......

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:18 PM   #6
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
By the by, I'm new to the Sony forum, as I have spent most of my time in the Astak forum with my still-loved Astak Pocket Pro. So I might make some noob statements along the way. Please forgive.......
Pssh, nothing to forgive. That's what forums are for.

Welcome to the Sony corner of MR!
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 05:45 PM   #7
anthoreader
anthoreader is kind to children and small, furry animalsanthoreader is kind to children and small, furry animalsanthoreader is kind to children and small, furry animalsanthoreader is kind to children and small, furry animalsanthoreader is kind to children and small, furry animalsanthoreader is kind to children and small, furry animalsanthoreader is kind to children and small, furry animalsanthoreader is kind to children and small, furry animalsanthoreader is kind to children and small, furry animalsanthoreader is kind to children and small, furry animalsanthoreader is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Sony PRS-T1 or Kindle Touch
Yes, I am quite impressed with the white model considering it was a blind purchase and didnt see a display.
You can still see finger prints on the glossy white bezel but you actually have to look hard for it. I find the colour not distracting at al, but it will be more reflective if read in the sunlight. Looks brilliant in the shade outside.

I'm noob as well; to ebooks AND this forums =)
anthoreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:01 PM   #8
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
My red one is due tomorrow, too, but since I probably won't be home to receive it, I probably won't have it in hand until Wednesday.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:49 PM   #9
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
An employee at my local Sony store told me that they would likely be getting the red and white models tomorrow, so I will pop in to check them out after work.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:16 PM   #10
voracious71
Addict
voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle PW4, Kobo Clara
I got my red one on Friday..I'll take some pics and post later.

Last edited by voracious71; 10-10-2011 at 08:25 PM.
voracious71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:50 PM   #11
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avwriter View Post
Thanks. That gives a pretty good impression of the white one. Looks better than I expected. The silver buttons do not jump out as severely as they do on the black one. Hopefully, someone will get hold of a red one. I would like a better idea of what shade of red is being used. The ones on the Sony site make it look more purple or pinkish.
Yeah, I rather liked the look of the white one. As for the red, I'm actually hoping it does lean towards the cool red side!

But like you, want to see more photos, because I'm not interested if it is fire engine red or a warm red.

So if anyone has a red one, please post photos!
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:04 AM   #12
dodgyr
dodgyr began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-T1
I have the white one and as pictures have already been posted, i won't repeat it. I also saw the red one at the Sony store today. I liked the red on the bezel, but the red on the stainless steel component was a lighter, slight pinkish magenta colour.
dodgyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:42 AM   #13
luvduchovny
Zealot
luvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melon

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500, PRS-600, PRS-650, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
My sister received hers in the mail Friday, October 7th. Unlike me she didn't have any weird issues with her library. Or at least none that she is reporting to me.
luvduchovny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 12:06 PM   #14
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgyr View Post
I also saw the red one at the Sony store today. I liked the red on the bezel, but the red on the stainless steel component was a lighter, slight pinkish magenta colour.
I received mine today. I think dark magenta is a better description than "red". I agree that the metallic piece with the Sony logo and button labels is a bit lighter than the shiny bezel. It is most definitely not fire-engine red as some people feared. I like it. Perhaps a rather darker version of the "pink" PRS-350.

Last edited by jackie_w; 10-11-2011 at 12:09 PM.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 01:02 PM   #15
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Received mine this morning. I've been having a blast playing with it. Took a little time getting my Wi-Fi set up, but finally it connected.

No problems with page turning, but I've used a VERY LIGHT touch on the screen, sometimes not even touching the screen, and only moving an inch or so.

I've connected to my internet home page with the browser, and used the pinch zoom to zoom in. It is great.

Here's a picture of the Red. I'll try for a better resolution later.

MORE PICTURES ADDED
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3819.JPG
Views:	462
Size:	878.4 KB
ID:	77621   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3821.JPG
Views:	422
Size:	913.3 KB
ID:	77635   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3825.JPG
Views:	432
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	77636   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3826.JPG
Views:	428
Size:	602.4 KB
ID:	77637   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3828.JPG
Views:	438
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	77638   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3829.JPG
Views:	393
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	77639   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3830.JPG
Views:	418
Size:	731.1 KB
ID:	77640   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3831.JPG
Views:	370
Size:	726.2 KB
ID:	77641  

Last edited by AJ Starr; 10-11-2011 at 06:22 PM.
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote