Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

View Poll Results: Would you like fully justified book pages and/or have the smallest margins possible?
I would like FULL page justification for all book paragraphs 9 11.54%
I would like to OPTIONALLY to fully justify book paragraphs 26 33.33%
I like the way all books are not fully justified – no change requested 16 20.51%
I would like the left and right margins to be ALWAY made as SMALL as possible 26 33.33%
I would like to be able to chose my own page margins 28 35.90%
I don't care - I like it the way it is currently 17 21.79%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-11-2010, 05:35 PM   #31
tpw
Zealot
tpw has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tpw has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tpw has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo, Sony PRS650
Quote:
Originally Posted by marleyfan View Post
Can you explain to me how to remove the file. I don't even see such a file. I seem to only have 2 files for the book. One is the cover picture and the other is the .epub file. Do I have to dig into the .epub file to fine the .xpgt file. If so....how do I do that? Thanks
Hi marleyfan. An epub is actually a zip file containing the various files needed. You can open it using 7zip or some other zip program, and can then have a look around for the offending file to delete. I hope this helps you.
tpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 06:01 PM   #32
marleyfan
marleyfan began at the beginning.

Device: kobo, htc hero, comfy chair
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpw View Post
Hi marleyfan. An epub is actually a zip file containing the various files needed. You can open it using 7zip or some other zip program, and can then have a look around for the offending file to delete. I hope this helps you.
Thanks for your help. I was able to unzip it using 7zip. Is it now simply a case of deleting the file and then reloading it onto the kobo? Or is there something else I have to do to fix margins? Your help is appreciated.
marleyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:13 PM   #33
tpw
Zealot
tpw has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tpw has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tpw has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo, Sony PRS650
Quote:
Originally Posted by marleyfan View Post
Thanks for your help. I was able to unzip it using 7zip. Is it now simply a case of deleting the file and then reloading it onto the kobo? Or is there something else I have to do to fix margins? Your help is appreciated.
No worries, glad to help. Really your best bet is to get hold of calibre, which will enable you to do things like:
1- Force fonts to scale properly (although this bug is fixed in latest firmware)
2- enable full paragraph justification
3- enable you to set margins
And a whole lot more

If you can't be bothered using calibre then yes, you can delete the offending files from the epub and simply drop it back onto the Kobo. You'll give up a bit of control over formatting though.

Cheers
tpw is offline   Reply With Quote