Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-16-2020, 04:52 PM   #271
shan1330
shan1330 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
i need the img file for kobo glo n613 the card is fried

please send image file i downloaded the softwawre from kodo site will that work
shan1330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 06:07 PM   #272
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent. But, please use one of the image request threads in the future. This thread is about how to update the device, not where is the image.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 03:27 PM   #273
Sunnyblue
Sunnyblue began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo N613
Hi everyone,

First thank you David for the image file.

I have used disk image writer to put the file on the sd card...works fine
I have used mini partition tool to see the partitions on the sd card...everything looks like in the post of gergith: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=209122.

It is booting I can choose my language, set time and date, select my wifi, it is connecting to internet but it stops when it is looking for updates...

Also in windows explorer I don't see the directories on it...

I have also tried with a brand new sd card and it is the same....

Kobo Glo N613 with wifi

Can someone help me please? I'm desparate...

Sorry my post wasn't in the right section....

Nathalie
Sunnyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 07:09 PM   #274
Sunnyblue
Sunnyblue began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo N613
Fixed!!!

I figured it out...thank you gergith and davidfor for your knowledge on many posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnyblue View Post
Hi everyone,

First thank you David for the image file.

I have used disk image writer to put the file on the sd card...works fine
I have used mini partition tool to see the partitions on the sd card...everything looks like in the post of gergith: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=209122.

It is booting I can choose my language, set time and date, select my wifi, it is connecting to internet but it stops when it is looking for updates...

Also in windows explorer I don't see the directories on it...

I have also tried with a brand new sd card and it is the same....

Kobo Glo N613 with wifi

Can someone help me please? I'm desparate...

Sorry my post wasn't in the right section....

Nathalie
Sunnyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 04:32 PM   #275
sharkmex
sharkmex began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Hello David. Please give me an image of kobo glo n437

Last edited by sharkmex; 09-01-2020 at 04:36 PM.
sharkmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 08:24 PM   #276
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.

But, can we keep this thread for discussion of the process, not image requests. There is a thread for each model for requests.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 11:51 PM   #277
Gergith
Enthusiast
Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
I lost my Glo about a month or two, but it had been working perfectly up until that point!

I came here to figure out how to hack my used Glo I just picked for 25$ CAD as I forgot and didn't realize how long ago I compiled all this info.

I was also debating buying the 32gig Forma as it's a massive memory waterproof device! I figured the waterproof ones likely couldn't have this hardware hack done easily, but never really looked into it. I'll still likely buy one anyways eventually.

So crazy to see this thread still going and people like Davidfor, Ken Maltby and PeterT still mostly active!

So cool!!

I'm now also debating attempting to use other methods for the copying of firmware. It seems there's a hack/method to let the kobo itself do the copying to ram and not require the computer.

Any thoughts on this method at all? Thanks in advanced! This is really cool
Gergith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 11:19 PM   #278
menneske
Enthusiast
menneske can self-interpret dreams as they happen.menneske can self-interpret dreams as they happen.menneske can self-interpret dreams as they happen.menneske can self-interpret dreams as they happen.menneske can self-interpret dreams as they happen.menneske can self-interpret dreams as they happen.menneske can self-interpret dreams as they happen.menneske can self-interpret dreams as they happen.menneske can self-interpret dreams as they happen.menneske can self-interpret dreams as they happen.menneske can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: LBook (Hanlin v.3), iPad1+3, GloHD 32GB, ClaraHD 8GB, iPadPro2 512GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gergith View Post
I'm now also debating attempting to use other methods for the copying of firmware. It seems there's a hack/method to let the kobo itself do the copying to ram and not require the computer.
it is here, but it seems to only go to 4.11. I tried it on my glo hd with 4.25 and could not make it work.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=261578

Plz, if you have any luck, I am interested.

Also, if a how-to list for Mac users exist, I am also interested.
menneske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 02:50 AM   #279
menneske
Enthusiast
menneske can self-interpret dreams as they happen.menneske can self-interpret dreams as they happen.menneske can self-interpret dreams as they happen.menneske can self-interpret dreams as they happen.menneske can self-interpret dreams as they happen.menneske can self-interpret dreams as they happen.menneske can self-interpret dreams as they happen.menneske can self-interpret dreams as they happen.menneske can self-interpret dreams as they happen.menneske can self-interpret dreams as they happen.menneske can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I didn't read that post properly and missed that it was a Glo HD instead of a Glo. I have updated the SD card in my Glo HD. I can't remember if it was a 32GB or 64GB. The selection was based on cheapest card available on the day, rather than size.
I may have concluded now, that max is 32GB...

I am still not sure, as the root is FAT32 (of a max of 32GB), but the actual partition, where KOBO resides, is a linux ext2FS format - says iPartition, while Hard Disk Manager says its a FAT32. Kinda low on faith here.

Still trying to discover how to resize non-destructively, what its max size is, and then how to clone the kobo onto that... on a Mac.

Last edited by menneske; 12-15-2020 at 03:01 AM.
Old 12-15-2020, 05:42 AM   #280
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by menneske View Post
it is here, but it seems to only go to 4.11. I tried it on my glo hd with 4.25 and could not make it work.

Plz, if you have any luck, I am interested.

Also, if a how-to list for Mac users exist, I am also interested.
Your link is broken. Please fix.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 04:35 AM   #281
menneske
Enthusiast

It is mobileread shortening every link that you enter.

I can't find the original. Pasting 261578 at the end of a normal link here gives a funny result.
Old 12-16-2020, 01:17 PM   #282
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
h t tp s: // w w w. mo bile rea d . co m /fo rum s /sho w thre ad.php ? t = 261578
just delete the spaces.
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 02:16 PM   #283
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
It is mobileread shortening every link that you enter.

I can't find the original. Pasting 261578 at the end of a normal link here gives a funny result.
I don't think it is MobileRead since it allows me to copy/paste the links without shortening (Firefox on Windows 10, MacOS Big Sur and SUSE Tumbleweed). The displayed view is shortened but the URL is complete as can be seen when quoting.

[url]https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261578[/url]

DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 12:48 AM   #284
ReaLx3m
Groupie
ReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura One, Pocketbook Inkpad 3 Pro
Quote:
I may have concluded now, that max is 32GB...

I am still not sure, as the root is FAT32 (of a max of 32GB), but the actual partition, where KOBO resides, is a linux ext2FS format - says iPartition, while Hard Disk Manager says its a FAT32. Kinda low on faith here.

Still trying to discover how to resize non-destructively, what its max size is, and then how to clone the kobo onto that... on a Mac.
Probably a wrong conclusion, but needs to be tested to be 100% sure. I tested friends Clara HD to work with samsung evo 128GB, Tested my H20 with same 128gb both in internal and external sd slot and it works(256GB doesnt, havent tried 512GB), also there is a member here that confirmed his Pocketbook Inkpad 3 working with 512GB.All these readers are stated as 32GB max, so i think its safe to assume that most will work with more than 32GB.

If its an external sd slot just for storage, you just format the card to Fat32 with tool like guiformat or hp usb disk storage format tool. If its an internal card with the os , just clone it wit Win32Disk Imager or similar, and then expand the unused space with Partition manager like Minitool Partition Wizard. All these are windows programs, so easisest would be to find a win machine and do your thing there, or look for Mac alternatives of the programs needed.
ReaLx3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 12:24 PM   #285
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I don't think it is MobileRead since it allows me to copy/paste the links without shortening (Firefox on Windows 10, MacOS Big Sur and SUSE Tumbleweed). The displayed view is shortened but the URL is complete as can be seen when quoting.

[url]https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261578[/url]

It's definitely not Mobileread. The problem arises when someone tries to copy the DISPLAYED text of an existing link, and then paste it as an url into a link in a different post.

Copy the url from your (rhetorical) browser and not the text of the displayed url. Or right-click on the link and select "Copy link address" from the context menu.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 12-17-2020 at 12:26 PM.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
glo, glo memory upgrade mod, hack, increase, kobo, sdcard