Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 01-13-2018, 05:30 PM   #16
fantasyfan
Wizard
fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, 4G, iPad Air 2, iPhone IE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I have checked out the book from the library, but I have to finish my current book first! I am reading A Green and Ancient Light by Frederic S. Durbin. It is a fantasy set during WWII England featuring a boy sent to live in the country with his grandmother and appears to fit into the young adult category. I think it would appeal to members of the literary club.

I am also listening to Turtles All the Way Down by John Green for entertainment during the daily commute. I thought it would be nice to pick out an audiobook by a contemporary young adult author to supplement this month's category. It is set in Indianapolis (where John Green lives) and is about a teenage girl trying to live the normal life of a high school student while struggling with anxiety and compulsion disorder.
Those both sound quite interesting.😊😊
fantasyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 03:15 PM   #17
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I finished A Green and Ancient Light. It was a lovely story about the loss of childhood innocence. I definitely recommend it. In the Acknowledgments he explains that the inspiration for the sacred woods in the story is the real-life Park of the Monsters (Parco dei Mostri in Italian). It was built by Pier Francesco Orsini, called Vicino, to cope with his grief after his wife died. Fascinating!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gardens_of_Bomarzo
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert