Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-16-2012, 02:01 PM   #1
chaot
Head of lunatic asylum
chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.

Device: Tolino Vision 3HD
Grey field after miscellaneous actions

Hi gents!
That unmovable grey field, shown in the attachment, appears after quite different actions, here after I changed the language of the first 3 books from English to German.
To get rid of it I have to restart the laptop, to restart only calibre doesn't help.

That is time consuming, why is that and what stops that,
regards
chaot
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Grey field.png
Views:	173
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	89232  
chaot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:19 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Switch to a non broken window manager. kwin from KDE or openbox are examples.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2012, 07:56 AM   #3
chaot
Head of lunatic asylum
chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.

Thanks a lot! Really impressive how quick you are.
Meanwhile I installed openbox, but it looks me too minimalistic - so I came back to the original LM 13 Cinnamon window manager - and the defect is still there!

Is it an option to reinstall OS LM 13 Cinnamon again to get a non broken window manager back?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Grey field (smaller).png
Views:	164
Size:	174.3 KB
ID:	89373  
Old 07-19-2012, 09:19 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I have no idea, I dont use GNOME.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:39 AM   #5
chaot
Head of lunatic asylum

Meanwhile I installed new OS (LinuxMint 13 Xfce) and the problem (grey fields) is eliminated.

So most likely your advice (broken window manager) was right - thanks again!
Advert