Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-07-2009, 04:56 PM   #106
mypolar
Enthusiast
mypolar began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505 Yeah! Palm Tungesten E2
Thanks Griffonwing and Dr Drib.

Never heard of the Astak PocketPro until you mentioned it. I just checked it out and sound like a nice device as well- Ugh more choices ;-) It might be best for me to wait until I after the Sony 300 is released and get some reviews on it. To be honest I was leaning toward the Sony 505 due to the Adobe Digital support since could read library ebooks and then Sony released a NEW one. Will hold off and continue to read on my PDA . It's charging now :-) - it will be nice to have a super long battery life with these new readers vs. my PDA.

Michelle
mypolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 05:31 PM   #107
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
You turn your back to him, glance over you shoulder and say... "Does that charge make my butt look big?"BOb

Actually my husband would probably say "Yes!", too!
Still trying to come up with a way to justify the purchase...
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 07:30 PM   #108
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
You turn your back to him, glance over you shoulder and say... "Does that charge make my butt look big?"

BOb
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
And his answer is yes it makes your butt look enormous.
He values his smoothly run home too much to take a chance like that!! Remember, "If Momma ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy." Besides, I already know how big my behind is, it's the perfect size to settle into my favorite wingback chair to read on my brand new Sony 600!!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:17 AM   #109
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mypolar View Post
Thanks Griffonwing and Dr Drib.

Never heard of the Astak PocketPro until you mentioned it. I just checked it out and sound like a nice device as well- Ugh more choices ;-) It might be best for me to wait until I after the Sony 300 is released and get some reviews on it. To be honest I was leaning toward the Sony 505 due to the Adobe Digital support since could read library ebooks and then Sony released a NEW one. Will hold off and continue to read on my PDA . It's charging now :-) - it will be nice to have a super long battery life with these new readers vs. my PDA.

Michelle
Don't do what I do... Want all readers But I agree, the biggest advantage would be the long battery life...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 03:19 PM   #110
mirakix
Enthusiast
mirakix will become famous soon enoughmirakix will become famous soon enoughmirakix will become famous soon enoughmirakix will become famous soon enoughmirakix will become famous soon enoughmirakix will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-700
Sorry for my very upset posting earlier (Sony no more) and YES I like my PRS-700 very much. And I knew about the screen before I purchased it, but I do not find it so bad after all.

But I have just spent a couple of hundred $$$ just about 3 month ago to learn, that Sony has given me a beta-device and without ONE single firmware update takes it from the market to replace it with what I wanted (dictionary, handwritten notes) Not only did I pay for the hardware and consume their books but I was also busy writing reports to the company and suggested several smaller and larger improvements - hoping they would consider for their firmware update...

I simply do not earn enough money, to buy a new ereader model - per annum, not to speak about a livecycle of 6 months. Couldn't they just have included the dictionary update and improved the notes function in a new firmware??

My friend just told me, that the OS update works on her "old" iPhone 3G and not only on the brandnew 3GS. She knows that the 3GS has some remarkable technical improvements. But she is happy with the predecessor and the update improved it remarkably.

That makes me think. And I will take a very close look at a companies handling of such matters befor I will purchase my next costly device in a couple of years.

My five cents
mira
mirakix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 03:30 PM   #111
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Sony did say they are coming out with firmware updates for the 505 and 700. So we don't know just what they will do. So before you start getting pissed at Sony, find out what these updates do.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 08:38 PM   #112
krighton
Addict
krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: sony reader
can't find the prs-600 on JR now...they pull the offer?...never mind, read backwards.

Last edited by krighton; 08-11-2009 at 08:48 PM.
krighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:24 AM   #113
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Sony did say they are coming out with firmware updates for the 505 and 700. ...
Could you provide a link? I thought that they were only updating the Library/PC software for Mac compatibility.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:50 AM   #114
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Could you provide a link? I thought that they were only updating the Library/PC software for Mac compatibility.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=82
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote