Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-14-2009, 06:08 AM   #76
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Bionic Paranoia

Know what would really be the pits? If the e-book wars were extended to reading glasses! Imagine if each company's eyewear could only read books and magazines published by their own company. Hey, with the advances in technology such as the now experimental computer chip contact lenses, it could happen!

http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2008/0...tact-lens.html
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:30 AM   #77
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Do you think that just might be because Perry Rhodan is German and the Kindle is only sold in an English-speaking country?
Several hundreds of Perry Rhodan books are also available in Dutch. If you search well enough in dark places. It probably is one of the most requested series of eBooks
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2009, 08:42 AM   #78
krischik
Addict
krischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheese

Device: P990i, PRS 505
Beeing Paranoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Bionic Paranoia
Well, just because I'm paranoid don't mean they're not after me.
krischik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:12 AM   #79
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by krischik View Post

The question isn't: Are they after you, but are you paranoid enough
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:30 AM   #80
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

They're coming to take me away.

Quote:
If everyone was out to get you, you'd be paranoid too! My tin foil hat helps, but it doesn't stop all the secret government brainwave broadcasts. Besides; I think the aliens have developed ways around it.

Actual photo of a flying saucer taken in my backyard. This picture has NOT been Photoshopped!

Advert
Old 09-14-2009, 10:52 AM   #81
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Do you think that just might be because Perry Rhodan is German and the Kindle is only sold in an English-speaking country?
Well, that majority of people (est 82%) in the US speak English... but it is by no means the only language spoken. I think 10% or more speak Spanish and 2% or so speak an Asian language.

But, yes having non-English language ebooks in the Kindle store would certainly be low volume of sales, but then again, isn't "the long tail" the whole point of Amazon in the first place?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:02 AM   #82
krischik
Addict
krischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheese

Device: P990i, PRS 505
GIMP

Quote:
This picture has NOT been Photoshopped!
You used GIMP instead
krischik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:07 AM   #83
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
You used GIMP instead
Nope! Came right out of my old Olympus OM-10 35mm film camera that way!

-- Tom
Old 09-14-2009, 11:11 AM   #84
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Nope! Came right out of my old Olympus OM-10 35mm film camera that way!

-- Tom
Nice window reflection.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:30 AM   #85
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Nice window reflection.
Dag! Doesn't anyone remember the days of good, old-fashioned double-exposure

I took this picture back in the 80s. If I had to do over again, I would stand further back from the cup and saucer. It's too big for the background. It was neat how the blue in the cup blended in so perfectly with the sky, but I didn't plan it that way. It was pure serendipity.

-- Tom
Old 09-14-2009, 05:19 PM   #86
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Dag! Doesn't anyone remember the days of good, old-fashioned double-exposure
I do! Well, I remember seeing reading about it and seeing examples anyways. Sadly I never owned a camera without a shutter lock (or a way to override it).
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:42 AM   #87
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
I think I'll rekindle (*chuckles*) the mobipocket support forum thread titled "mobipocket for iPhone"
mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:46 AM   #88
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Yes, the PDFs are protected by Adobe DE.

Both of the first 2 are PC becuase the formats are richer in content than you can support on any of the dedicated liseuses.
I believe the plural of liseuse is liseusi.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:12 AM   #89
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I believe the plural of liseuse is liseusi.
Not in French.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:18 AM   #90
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Can we stop going off-topic please?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebookbase, end, final, mobipocket