Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-12-2023, 11:40 AM   #1
thephatmaster
thephatmaster began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4.1.4
Newbie struggling with MKK and ssh via wifi

Hello all,

I jumped on the chance to get a K4NT when I read it could be used as a Home Assistant Dashboard (in fact I've put some books on it too via Cailbre and am generally impressed with it) I've been reading on a Fire 7 for years!

I've got the K4 mostly set-up for use with HA using the instructions at sibbl's github repo

However, I'm new to kindle mods and am struggling with:
  1. Getting the "device not authorised" KUAL error. Reinstalling MKK does help, but I get it again when I connect the kindle to my wifi. BBB doesn't seem to have any effect.

I've given the kindle a static IP on my home network, and manually blocked the kindle from connecting to my router's internet connection. So far so good, however, I am keen to find a local (to the kindle) fix If possible.
  2. Connecting via wifi: I can connect via USB to my linux laptop (though the connection isn't that stable). However, I cannot seem to connect via wifi.

Perhaps my config is wrong? I first changed only the kindle IP, then the IP and then the host and kindle's IP. I also allowed wifi connection.

Also, apologies if here is not the correct place to get help on what is essentially a Home Assistant project.

I raised the issue of where to get help on that repo
thephatmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
home assistant, kindle 4 nt, mkk, ssh, wifi