Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-21-2021, 11:34 PM   #31
NiMa
Evangelist
NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Glo HD, Touch C/B, Mini, Glo, Aura SE, Clara HD, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMa View Post
Yeah, I guess that some don't have those old devices.
Would Clara HD support raise more interest?
Apparently not.

But anyways, thanks for the people that opened a GitHub discussion/issue and wanting to contribute, we might (that is, I can't guarantee it at all) have support for some Aura HD/H2Os soon if all goes well!
Feel free to join the KoBox/InkBox discord channel if you want to chat a bit or contribute: https://discord.com/invite/uSWtWbY23m
NiMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 07:24 AM   #32
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I think it's great to have projects like this, thank you.

Would it work on my old Aura HD?
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2021, 01:32 PM   #33
kannalo
kannalo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Clara hd support would be awesome
kannalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 05:27 PM   #34
i.am.stack
i.am.stack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.i.am.stack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.i.am.stack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.i.am.stack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.i.am.stack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.i.am.stack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.i.am.stack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.i.am.stack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.i.am.stack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.i.am.stack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.i.am.stack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'm debating about buying a Clara HD anyway. Add my vote in!
i.am.stack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 10:24 PM   #35
NiMa
Evangelist
NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the support here!

I take note of that. If hopefully I get a willing tester for an Aura HD (which I did, but I didn't get any news from any of them yet), it'll probably be possible.
For the Clara HD, it's on the road.
Advert
Old 10-14-2021, 05:42 PM   #36
khm
khm began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One. Kobo Aura HD. ReMarkable 2.
I've got an Aura HD and some understanding of linux. I can test images, but I can't join Discord. I have a Github account, though.
khm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 08:28 AM   #37
NiMa
Evangelist

Hello, thanks!
You can create a discussion here: https://github.com/Kobo-InkBox/inkbox/discussions
Note that you will almost certainly have to open your device up to flash new kernels/images on the microSD card. If you can connect wires to the serial port, it would be even more helpful for debugging kernel and boot issues. You don't need to solder them, usually some toothpicks to hold them in place do the trick
Old 11-06-2021, 05:25 PM   #38
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
What a fascinating project! Thank you!
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 10:56 PM   #39
jasius
Connoisseur
jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Is there anyway to use the read function without the buttons at the bottom of the screen?
jasius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 04:24 PM   #40
NiMa
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasius View Post
Is there anyway to use the read function without the buttons at the bottom of the screen?
Sadly, no, sorry
Old 11-17-2021, 06:26 AM   #41
mkaetree
mkaetree began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara
Quote:
I would also be interested in trying it out on Clara. It looks promising. Good job.
mkaetree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 07:07 AM   #42
NiMa
Evangelist

1.8 release is nearing completion, so I think I'll focus on that after getting it out
Old 11-21-2021, 04:00 PM   #43
NiMa
Evangelist

Arrow InkBox 1.8

I've released InkBox 1.8.
The server for getting the packages has changed, it is now at http://23.163.0.39/bundles/inkbox/ until I setup a domain name. Thanks to @fermino for this.

Update packages are here: http://23.163.0.39/bundles/inkbox/native/update/1.8/
And here is the changelog:
Code:
- PDF support
- Encrypted storage support
- Local storage search
- USB improvements
- UI/UX improvements
- Bug fixes
Encrypted storage was quite the task to do, but it works
I'll probably make a Wiki page about how to set it up soon.

Enjoy !!
Old 12-10-2021, 05:46 AM   #44
pascal jakobs
Enthusiast
pascal jakobs , Klaatu Barada Niktu!pascal jakobs , Klaatu Barada Niktu!pascal jakobs , Klaatu Barada Niktu!pascal jakobs , Klaatu Barada Niktu!pascal jakobs , Klaatu Barada Niktu!pascal jakobs , Klaatu Barada Niktu!pascal jakobs , Klaatu Barada Niktu!pascal jakobs , Klaatu Barada Niktu!pascal jakobs , Klaatu Barada Niktu!pascal jakobs , Klaatu Barada Niktu!pascal jakobs , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: kobo Libra 2
I'm really looking forward trying that on my clara.
Thanks for this very good work
pascal jakobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 10:23 AM   #45
SleepyCatgirl
SleepyCatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyCatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyCatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyCatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyCatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyCatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyCatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyCatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyCatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyCatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyCatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hisense A9, Onyx Tab Ultra(Broken), Kobo Clara HD
This is amazing project,
I also am looking forward to try this on my Clara
SleepyCatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote