Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-17-2020, 09:08 PM   #16
Bassthang
Bassthang began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Kobo Clara HD on firmware 4.20.14622 seems to be working fine now, without any special support/basic rates settings in OpenWRT 19.07.1
Bassthang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 09:42 PM   #17
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (All), Kobo (Multiple), Sony (most) and Nook Glowlight Plus
Interesting. My first Kobo Aura One 32 GB would not hook up to my WiFi but it turned out that the reader was defective. Unit could see the WiFi signal but the transmission from the reader was way too weak to allow hookup even from about 5 feet away. Had to return it and wait for a replacement unit. Basically took a month or so from first order to receive a working unit in Nevada USA thanks to UPS Ground snail paced delivery across the country.
Richwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2020, 05:50 PM   #18
Fionalui
Fionalui began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch
Sept 2020 Kobo Forma & Glo cannot connect to wifi network

I've been having wi-fi connectivity problems with my Kobo Glo on and off for years, then it came back last year and worked great up until 3 months ago. I thought the model being old was the problem so I bought a Kobo Forma 3 weeks ago. The same problem happened; I followed all their instructions like factory reset even though it was brand new, changed the wi-fi network to 2.4g from 5g and still the same problem. Rakuten sent me a mailing label to send it back to them and they issued another one. It arrived and worked great for about a week, and today, I have wi-fi issues again. Not sure what to do next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pie000 View Post
Hi everyone.

I have been trying to connect the Forma I just bought to my wireless access point, and I haven't been able to make any progress.

For whatever reason, the only time I am able to see the wireless access point/connect to my access point is when the device is factory reset. And it is also only able to connect to my 2 GHz access point. After it connects, downloads the update, and restarts, I am no longer able to see this access point and I can not connect to it manually. None of my other devices have an issue connecting/recognizing my access point

All this is to say, is there a known subset of wireless access point configurations that the Kobo line supports?
Fionalui is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forma, openwrt, troubleshoot, wifi