Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-01-2018, 05:00 PM   #1
petervf
petervf has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: K4S
[solved] KT4 NT how to recover lost wifi connection in script

@All,
for a while I was an anonymous reader benefiting out of several ideas here - thank you! Unfortunately I could not find an answer to last my problem. Hoping that you can help me now.

Problem Description
My K4NT: 4.1.3 runs my own small golang weather display (app). It runs just fine.
My router intentional drops wifi every night and restores it in the morning. I cannot find a way to recover the lost wifi connection on kindle after it is switched back on in the morning.

So my program cannot access internet and get a new forecast

"powerd" is on I just disabled screensaver:
lipc-set-prop -- com.lab126.powerd preventScreenSaver 1
framework shall be off but for now is on.

I found only one "dirty" way, which is:
1) keep framework up and running (I do not like this but there is no way to disable upper bar in KT4NT coming back again. No way to pillow off like in K5 and higher)
2) after detecting that the connection is lost by checking that "lipc-get-prop com.lab126.wifid cmState" != "CONNECTED" (it's actually PENDING)
3) simulate home button pressed by writing "send 102\n" to "/proc/keypad"
4) waiting few seconds and the framework magically refreshes the wifi connection

What I tried, but it does (always) work:
1) disabling and enabling wifi by:
lipc-set-prop -- com.lab126.cmd wirelessEnable 0
sleep 5
lipc-set-prop -- com.lab126.cmd wirelessEnable 1
sleep 5
2) trying the same with lipc-set-prop -- com.lab126.wifid enable

I've observed that sometimes the wifi connection recovers by itself and everything works fine without any action from my program.

Main question:
1) Is there any way, beside the above dirty trick with the "home button" to restore the wifi connection?

Low priority question for now
2) I'd like to put the kindle in suspend mode for the night - any working examples?
The rtcWakeup does not work as I thought

I appreciate any feedback!
Peter

[Edit, 2 hours later]
OK, I found the solution, sometimes you need a distance and leave the keyboard for a while, go outside and .... Kindle is a linux computer, do not look for a magic lipc-set-prop woodoo.

The solution is:
Code:
/usr/bin/wpa_cli -i wlan0 reconnect
Thank you!

But then the second kind request:
I'd like to put the kindle in suspend mode for the night - any working examples?

Last edited by petervf; 11-01-2018 at 08:01 PM.
petervf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 11:39 PM   #2
yparitcher
Connoisseur
yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4 KT4 PW4 PW5
Quote:
But then the second kind request:
I'd like to put the kindle in suspend mode for the night - any working examples?
k4 rtc is doctumented here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...31&postcount=2
yparitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2019, 09:41 AM   #3
rohan9tails
rohan9tails began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Have you considered using a cron job? I was reading where user kt23 set up a cron for an alarm clock using shell and root. If you are rebooting it at the same time every morning its a thought. it shouldn't be to hard to edit the script to wake and sleep wlan0 at predetermined times with it.
rohan9tails is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
displayweather, golang, kt4nt, wifi