Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-30-2018, 05:35 PM   #271
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
A step by step to begin with, and a full log from a debug Calibre session would help .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 07:07 PM   #272
rolgiati
Groupie
rolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Several Kindle 3 KB's
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
A step by step to begin with, and a full log from a debug Calibre session would help .
Will be glad to try, never done that before. I suppose I launch it with
Code:
# calibre-debug -g
but where shall I find the log file to attach here ?

Or rather, does the output of calibre-debug go to stdout, in which case I would have to run:
Code:
# calibre-debug -g  2>&1 > ~/CalibreDebug.log
? ? ?
Your kind guidance would be appreciated ;-3)
rolgiati is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2018, 10:46 PM   #273
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@rolgiati: Yep, standard IO .
Old 08-31-2018, 06:53 AM   #274
rolgiati
Groupie
rolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the end

Here goes:

- Plugged Kindle K3 in
- Launched Calibre in debug mode with
Code:
calibre-debug -g  2>&1 > ~/CalibreDebug.log
- Tried to start the collection add-on, forgetting to change to Device
- Changed to Device
- Started the Collections add-on
- Got the error window attached
- Stopped Calibre
- Tried to attach the CalibreDebug.log file; refused;
- Renamed log file to CalibreDebug.txt; attached.
- Copied CLI output to file CalibreCLI.txt; attached

Hope this can be of help.

PS I have now noticed that while existing collections on the K3 are still accessible, I can still go there and open a book, now I can no longer go on a book in the ~ directory, Right Cursor, and select "Add to Collection"; that item is now greyed out in the menu.

And if I got to a book in a collection, and Right Cursor, there is no "Remove from Collection" item in the menu, but again a greyed-out "Add to Collection" item.

Should I try to reset the K3 to factory config ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CalibreErrorScreenshot.png
Views:	211
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	165948  
Attached Files
File Type: txt CalibreDebug.txt (2.9 KB, 209 views)
File Type: txt CalibreCLI.txt (1.9 KB, 219 views)

Last edited by rolgiati; 08-31-2018 at 06:55 AM. Reason: Forgot a line
Old 08-31-2018, 10:46 AM   #275
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@rolgiati: Err, what do you mean, *exactly* by "Started the Collections add-on"?

Because I'm still not seeing anything that isn't vanilla Calibre here (and that's not expected to work properly, even on legacy Kindles, so, no suprises there, although the unhandled exception is a bit harsh).
Advert
Old 08-31-2018, 11:12 AM   #276
rolgiati
Groupie

Quote:
@rolgiati: Err, what do you mean, *exactly* by "Started the Collections add-on"?
With the K3 plugged in, click on the Manage Collections tab/button in the menu bar.
Old 08-31-2018, 11:43 AM   #277
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@rolgiati: Right, that's not this plugin at all, that's Calibre's builtin collection handling. You probably even had to add that button to the toolbar yourself.

As I've said, that's broken, even on legacy devices: that's pretty much the reason this plugin exists in the first place .
Old 08-31-2018, 02:24 PM   #278
arooni
Addict
arooni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
Quote:
Released 1.7.21, which should fix @arooni's issue (you'll need to delete the plugin's on-device cache (kindle_collections_path_cache.calibre at the device's root), though).
wow thanks for the super fast update! i feel so special : so i updated my version of calibre and your plugin today and ran the 'import collections from kindle => calibre" and found the following:

please let me know if i can help you in debugging at all. i'd *love* to be managing collections in calibre; it's about the only thing i still do on my kindle (which is too difficult to manage with too many books & lists)

calibre, version 3.30.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:unhashable type: 'list'

calibre 3.30 embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Darwin-17.7.0-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '17.7.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 17.7.0: Thu Jun 21 22:53:14 PDT 2018; root:xnu-4570.71.2~1/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.12
OSX: ('10.13.6', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (1, 8, 0) && DeDRM (6, 5, 4) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (1, 8, 0) && APNX Generator (1, 1, 0) && Set KFX metadata (from KFX Output) (1, 22, 0) && KFX Output (1, 22, 0) && Barnes & Noble (1, 2, 15) && Goodreads Sync (1, 12, 0) && Manage Series (1, 2, 8) && Extract ISBN (1, 4, 4) && Goodreads (1, 1, 14) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (1, 8, 0) && KFX Input (1, 8, 0) && Count Pages (1, 8, 2) && Annotations (1, 8, 0) && Modify ePub (1, 3, 13) && Reading List (1, 6, 6) && X-Ray Creator (3, 1, 2) && Quality Check (1, 9, 11) && Kindle Collections (1, 7, 21) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 3) && Prettify Cover 0.9.12 && Hyphenate This! (0, 0, 8)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.ui", line 173, in import_kindle_collections
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.import_collect ions", line 58, in run
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_boo ks", line 36, in init
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_boo ks", line 59, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_boo ks", line 360, in load_kindle_books
TypeError: unhashable type: 'list'
arooni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 05:31 PM   #279
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@arooni: Did you delete the "kindle_collections_path_cache.calibre" file found at the root of your device first?
Old 08-31-2018, 06:15 PM   #280
rolgiati
Groupie

Quote:
@rolgiati: Right, that's not this plugin at all, that's Calibre's builtin collection handling. You probably even had to add that button to the toolbar yourself.
As I've said, that's broken, even on legacy devices: that's pretty much the reason this plugin exists in the first place .
Thanks you; what can / should I do to manage my collections ?
Old 08-31-2018, 07:54 PM   #281
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@rolgiati: Reading the first post of this thread to figure out how this plugin works?
Old 09-01-2018, 07:29 AM   #282
rolgiati
Groupie

Quote:
I am now thouroughly confused since it seem it is the Kindle Collections plug-in I have:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KindleCollections.png
Views:	208
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	165969  
Old 09-01-2018, 11:37 AM   #283
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@rolgiati: You have the plugin installed, yes, but you were clicking Calibre's default Collection handling button .

The plugin's icon should be automatically inserted in the right places on install, is named Kindle Collections, and has the very same icon as in the top of the first post.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-01-2018 at 01:34 PM.
Old 09-01-2018, 01:28 PM   #284
rolgiati
Groupie

Quote:
@rolgiati: You have the plugin installed, yes, but you were clicking Calibre's default Collection handling button.
Je vois.
Silly me, I thought Manage Collections started the plug-in.
Merci beaucoup.
Old 09-01-2018, 01:32 PM   #285
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@rolgiati: I didn't write the GUI, but I think I remember @meme saying that it was done this way to have more freedom in how to actually implement the GUI .

It's aided by the fact that (I think?) that button is not shown on default Calibre setups, which limits the risk of confusion.

Tags
collections plug-in, kindle