Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-14-2007, 05:38 AM   #1
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Hot off the press: iRex iLiad V2 available

If you were wondering why there's no iLiad in stock currently, here's the answer: iRex is releasing an updated version of the iLiad.

I just received a press release this morning (in french), and here're the key features:
  • new battery: up to 15H, capacity is 20% better
  • a protective cover is now included
  • a new travel hub is included: it's lighter and more compact
  • they redesigned part of the device
  • V2.11 of the OS
  • Stylus calibration
  • Easier WiFi connection manager
2 images included, there's 3 more that I can't upload because of the 1 Mb limit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iLiad2_Corner2_2ndEdition.jpg
Views:	852
Size:	559.3 KB
ID:	5488   Click image for larger version

Name:	iLiadV2_Products_2ndEdition.jpg
Views:	1079
Size:	848.9 KB
ID:	5489  
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 05:47 AM   #2
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Yes indeed. The new version is available. Everyone ordering now, will get the revised iLiad.

The protective cover is like the shoulderbag, but without the shoulderstrap.

Hope they will arrive soon

ANd here are the other 3 pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	small_iLiad_Back_2ndEdition.jpg
Views:	991
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	5490   Click image for larger version

Name:	small_iLiad_Front_2ndEdition.jpg
Views:	836
Size:	284.3 KB
ID:	5491   Click image for larger version

Name:	small_iLiad_Sleeve_2ndEdition.jpg
Views:	756
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	5492  
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2007, 05:50 AM   #3
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble View Post
Hope they will arrive soon
Well, at least you can already order them !
Old 09-14-2007, 05:59 AM   #4
kapoira
Connoisseur
kapoira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kapoira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kapoira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: i62HD + T68
And anybody got news about the replacement of the battery, for the users of the v1???

and just now i have sended my iliad to change the screen...
kapoira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 06:19 AM   #5
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapoira View Post
And anybody got news about the replacement of the battery, for the users of the v1???

and just now i have sended my iliad to change the screen...
Well if you're lucky, you'll get the same kind of e-mail that Adam B received: http://blog.adamrb.com/2007/09/i-irex.html
Advert
Old 09-14-2007, 06:35 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It looks exactly the same as the old one to me, I must admit . I guess the 20% battery life improvement will be of benefit to some.

The "protective cover" isn't really new - iRex started including the "shoulder bag" with the iLiad a couple of months ago, although they didn't advertise the fact.

Oh well, welcome news, anyway!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 06:41 AM   #7
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
Well, at least you can already order them !
You definately can. And i hope i can send the first ones out on monday
Old 09-14-2007, 06:48 AM   #8
guguy
Groupie
guguy began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Too bad there is no Vizplex screen
guguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 07:06 AM   #9
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
I think I am pleased about all this. Hope I get the new version having ordered and paid 2 weeks ago. The tension is killing me
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 07:34 AM   #10
pdam
Groupie
pdam doesn't litterpdam doesn't litter

Device: iLiad, iPaq, Psion5&7, Blackberry
It does look very similar, just a very minor modification to the case and the better battery (that also fits into V1). Can we assume that the firmware and software are also the same? Are they launching a new revision of the software in line with the V2 device does anyone know?
pdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 07:47 AM   #11
rai
Enthusiast
rai began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onxy Boox M92
I knew this would happen and that I'll be sorry I couldn't wait anymore, but really, just two days after I finally got my iLiad?!

Ok, I'll try not to obsess about it and about the battery life - in any other respect, I really love my iLiad.
rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 07:50 AM   #12
tribble
iLiad Maniac

Quote:
I think I am pleased about all this. Hope I get the new version having ordered and paid 2 weeks ago. The tension is killing me
i would say, that you get the new version. Seems, like the "old" ones sold out early

Quote:
It does look very similar, just a very minor modification to the case and the better battery (that also fits into V1). Can we assume that the firmware and software are also the same? Are they launching a new revision of the software in line with the V2 device does anyone know?
The hardware inside is completely the same. Software will be the same for both version.
And with the release of the iLiad V2, the 2.11 Firmwareupgrade should happen very soon.
And yes, the changes are really minor.

Quote:
Too bad there is no Vizplex screen
Well, since PVI is not yet ready for large screen vizplex production, we will probably have to wait another 6 month until there will be Vizplex for the iLiad. But there is no conclusive information about that yet. I am very interested in the V9 though, and am exited to see if it really launches beginning of 2008.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:03 AM   #13
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
Received this mail a little while ago

"Dear iRex Shop Customer,

Recently you have ordered an iLiad at the iRex Shop but unfortunately we were out of stock at that moment. Therefore your iLiad has not yet been shipped. Today iRex has announced the new iLiad 2nd edition. This model has a number of improvements over the previous version, like longer battery life and extra robustness. You will receive a free upgrade to this new model and we will send you the iLiad 2nd edition instead of the old model. Your 2nd edition iLiad will be shipped by the beginning of next week. We apologize for the delayed shipping of your product and thank you for your patience.

If you have any questions, please contact us.

Kind regards,

the iRex Shop"

I am well pleased
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 09:00 AM   #14
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
Well if you're lucky, you'll get the same kind of e-mail that Adam B received: http://blog.adamrb.com/2007/09/i-irex.html
I doubt that I've received an upgraded battery. It's most likely just a 1 for 1 replacement.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 09:15 AM   #15
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
I don't really see how this is much of a v2 upgrade. The only real features are the new battery, and the slightly redesigned case. The connection manager, calibration, are all softare features of 2.11 and will be on every iLiad that upgrades.

It seems lately the travel case has been coming standard, and it's about time they shipped the redesigned hub with new iLiads. Maybe they were just waiting to run out of the existing stock.

I for one consider this maybe a version 1.5. I guess their marketing department sees it differently.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote