Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-12-2023, 05:10 AM   #1
knolle75
knolle75 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW5 (2021), Kindle KT2 (2014)
On JB Kindles - Wifi connection disconnects if limited internet access

I performed successfully the jailbreak on
  • KT2 - 5.12.2.2
  • PW5 - 5.16.2.1.1

I need to mention, both devices were registered before the JB at Amazon, but I after the JB I connected these my Wifi network at home, but limited their access at router level, so that I didnt complete the (re-)registration at Amazon again.

The behaviour on the Kindles were, when they are connected to the limited Wifi, they are moaning they cant reach Amazon and are asking to prompt a potential captive portal (using the beta/experimental stock web browser). After it displays my router captive portal, I close the browser and it remains connected wireless.

Then, I installed then JB Hotfix, MPRI installer, KUAL, KUAL+, GAWK, and KOReader.

I enjoyed KOreader for a while, but as I wanted to check the connection to my running Calibre or later to my Calibre server (OPDS), I noticed, the wireless connection is disconnected (again). I had to end KOreader and re-connect the Wifi connection, where I also had to re-enter the obviously non-saved credentials. Then was connected and went back to KOreader and enjoyed it again.

You can imagine, what happened after a while again...

So, the questions are:
  • Is there a special URL for the internet access "proof" to grant, without granting the device full access to Amazon?
  • Can this internet check being disabled so that the only-home Wifi connection remains stable/established)

I appreciate every response in advance!
knolle75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2023, 08:51 AM   #2
Marek
Zealot
Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: PW4 :(, KT5, PB628
Create a WIFI_NO_NET_PROBE in the kindles user store (/mnt/us)
Marek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2023, 03:50 PM   #3
knolle75
knolle75 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW5 (2021), Kindle KT2 (2014)
@Marek, you made my day! That was the missing piece for my happiness. Works like a charm!
knolle75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle, limited internet, router, wifi