Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 12-11-2020, 02:25 AM   #1
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
How to turn off wifi?

It would keep turning back on again.

I'd go into preferences turn it off, see the icon boinging about, check preferences, see it had turned back on again, repeat ad severe nauseam with migraine.

I accidentally wiped all my personal data while trying to get the damned wifi to stop turning itself back on... and that worked, so far, but it wiped all my personal data.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 03:36 AM   #2
bazz2004
Groupie
bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.

Device: Boyue Alita
These devices are anything but intuitive to use. My feelings don't seem to accord with most of those on the forum though. Librera is my main reading app. I avoid wifi as much as possible because it drains the power so quickly and surfing is a third rate experience on the Alita. For me it's turned out to be a very expensive ereader with a larger screen than normal. It does that just fine though. Boyue have just launched the Likebook P6 that looks more promising for ordinary users.
bazz2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 01:06 PM   #3
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
I had tried a covid-tracking app. Maybe it turned on location services. But after deleting it, and searching about for whatever preferences may be involved, nothing short of the wipe could stop the wifi.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 05:07 PM   #4
seby
seby began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjaE View Post
I had tried a covid-tracking app. Maybe it turned on location services. But after deleting it, and searching about for whatever preferences may be involved, nothing short of the wipe could stop the wifi.
Honestly I don't think it makes any sense at all to use wifi and/or Bluetooth on these devices, the battery consumption when they are enabled is incredibly high. Wireless should be enabled only when updating the firmware. At least that's what I do. These devices are amazing for reading or taking notes, but that's it (which for me is perfect).
seby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abdroid, wifi