Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 03-25-2013, 06:39 AM   #1
Starplatinum
Starplatinum began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
[kobo-robin] Modern Combat 4 not compatible

Hi!

The modern combat 4 game is not compatible with the arc even with the jelly bean update.. while the third chapter is smooth and perfect

Is it possible to fix this?

Thanks
Starplatinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:55 AM   #2
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
You'd have to talk to the people behind the game about that. There isn't anything Kobo can do since it's the game's developers who decide what hardware's needed (usually GPS or Bluetooth, which the Arc doesn't have).
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:21 AM   #3
Kobo-Robin
Kobo Arc - Ux Lead
Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

I'm going to look into it.
Kobo-Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:44 AM   #4
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobo-Robin View Post
I'm going to look into it.
Or maybe they can. :P

Hmm. Not seeing anything in the permissions list for it that would exclude the Arc. Maybe it has an unlisted CPU speed or screen size requirements? (if this works out, maybe we can get Robin to get the wheels in motion to bug Rockstar about dropping the Bluetooth requirements for GTA3 & GTA:Vice City :P)

Last edited by JD Gumby; 03-25-2013 at 10:48 AM.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:43 AM   #5
Starplatinum

Thanx for the support!

Yes it would be great to add the support for these famous mobile games..
The Arc is a good tablet for gaming (for me better than tegra3)

I'm trying to understand how to contact Gameloft too..
Old 03-25-2013, 12:14 PM   #6
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
Deleted

Last edited by paulsalter; 03-26-2013 at 04:51 AM.
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:25 PM   #7
Kobo-Robin
Kobo Arc - Ux Lead
Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

There is no reason I can see that would make this game incompatible. I have noticed that Asphalt 6 is not compatible while 7 is.

I would recommend emailing Gameloft and asking them directly. Very strange. I can tell you that there is nothing we can do about it other than email them with the same concern.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:37 PM   #8
Kobo-Robin
Kobo Arc - Ux Lead

The plot thickens.

I went to the gameloft site on my Arc and the site recognizes the Arc as a Sony Xperia Arc. Strange.

Even more strange is that I could purchase the game through the site and install fine on my Kobo Arc. Currently it is downloading the 1.2 gig additional files. I will report back about performance.

Update: Works fine.

Last edited by Kobo-Robin; 03-25-2013 at 02:07 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:09 PM   #9
stevov
Groupie
stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus Fonepad,kobo arc,htc onex, htc titan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starplatinum View Post
Thanx for the support!

Yes it would be great to add the support for these famous mobile games..
The Arc is a good tablet for gaming (for me better than tegra3)

I'm trying to understand how to contact Gameloft too..
The exact opposite for me. Have installed Riptide, Beach Buggy Blitz, Real Racing 2, Asphalt 7, Shine Runner on 2 different arcs. Both have suffered from the same problem of intermittent or zero response to right hand touch steering input. Multiple hard resets did nothing to resolve it. Sometimes it would play for a while normally and you would think great this time its sorted only for it to start all over. Both came from the same store so I suppose it could have been a bad batch. Just marking time till the archos platinum series is out.
stevov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:03 PM   #10
Starplatinum

Quote:
The plot thickens.

I went to the gameloft site on my Arc and the site recognizes the Arc as a Sony Xperia Arc. Strange.

Even more strange is that I could purchase the game through the site and install fine on my Kobo Arc. Currently it is downloading the 1.2 gig additional files. I will report back about performance.

Update: Works fine.
Thanks Robin! I just made the purchase and downloading the game

(i'll write anyway to gameloft because the archos 101 Xs is supported and has omap 4470 like the arc)
Old 03-25-2013, 04:06 PM   #11
Starplatinum

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevov View Post
The exact opposite for me. Have installed Riptide, Beach Buggy Blitz, Real Racing 2, Asphalt 7, Shine Runner on 2 different arcs. Both have suffered from the same problem of intermittent or zero response to right hand touch steering input. Multiple hard resets did nothing to resolve it. Sometimes it would play for a while normally and you would think great this time its sorted only for it to start all over. Both came from the same store so I suppose it could have been a bad batch. Just marking time till the archos platinum series is out.
Hi Stevov I'm playing Riptide just now and I can't see this response issue..
must try more later
Old 03-25-2013, 04:19 PM   #12
stevov
Groupie
stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus Fonepad,kobo arc,htc onex, htc titan
Quote:
Hi Stevov I'm playing Riptide just now and I can't see this response issue..
must try more later
Seems to be an isolated case . Fortunately it was witnessed by the store manager hence giving me a new one which proceeded to do the same thing. Either a bad batch or I have a non magnetic right thumb although it seems to work fine for everything else. The first thing I tried after the jb update was reloading riptide and it did the same thing again. Was going t get the Archos titanium 97hd but waiting for the platinum version which is quad core with 8 core graphics processor
stevov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:25 PM   #13
Kobo-Robin
Kobo Arc - Ux Lead

Quote:
Thanks Robin! I just made the purchase and downloading the game

(i'll write anyway to gameloft because the archos 101 Xs is supported and has omap 4470 like the arc)
Glad I can make at least one person happy today!
Old 03-25-2013, 04:53 PM   #14
Starplatinum

Quote:
Glad I can make at least one person happy today!
runs fine!
Old 03-25-2013, 05:00 PM   #15
Starplatinum

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevov View Post
Seems to be an isolated case . Fortunately it was witnessed by the store manager hence giving me a new one which proceeded to do the same thing. Either a bad batch or I have a non magnetic right thumb although it seems to work fine for everything else. The first thing I tried after the jb update was reloading riptide and it did the same thing again. Was going t get the Archos titanium 97hd but waiting for the platinum version which is quad core with 8 core graphics processor
the Archos titanium 97hd is probably the chinese onda v972 with allwinner A31 cpu.
It's a quad core cortex A7 and probably performs less than dual core cortex A9 in omap 4470. The Gpu is very good but has to push a lot of pixel.
We have also to see the app compatibility that could be a problem and screen quality (glass or plastic??)..
maybe it's better weating a review before buying it!