Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-10-2018, 08:44 PM   #32356
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I like house sitting for my friends, though it was very quiet this time without a dog. But three weeks is really my limit. Mostly because of their bed. It's a double but a narrow one, but still with two mattresses, so those are narrow. The mattresses are also hard and not flat, the sides are lower than the middle, so you feel like you're sliding off.

It feels like each morning it takes longer for me not to feel stiff and sore. The second half of the final week I have a perpetual sore back.

I'm looking forward to sleeping in my own, soft bed again. Which is the same size as my friends' bed, but with one mattress, so it's more comfortable and spacious.
The older I get the more difficult it feels to sleep on an uncomfortable bed. I remember as a kid I could go to a slumber party and sleep on the floor with no problem. Sure wouldn't want to do that now!

--------------------

back to the noise topic -. I don't even want to listen to music I like at loud volume for hours on end. I don't know how people can stand that even if they like the music.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:08 PM   #32357
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Wow, Hitch, I really have sympathy that you went through all of that! Ouch! I've been fortunate in that when there is a barking dog issue, I go to the owner and tell them about it and they do something about it. My late bro though, he had a neighbor who inadequately tied up their pit bulls (no fence) who would snarl whenever he came outside. He tried a variety of things, but finally it was the home health nurse who called the sheriff. The sheriff came out and the family plus dogs were gone in less than a week. No idea what happened, but it resolved the problem.

edited to add: I forgot. My grandmother had problems with a neighbor who had 5 huskies that barked all day long. I had a tape recorder and recorded it for 90 minutes. Then set up speakers and played it back LOUD at 11 p.m. When they complained, I reminded them that this is what they sound like all day long, and it can't be that bothersome to them. They vetched about it so I played it for the police. The huskies were history after that. I think I was 17 at the time.

Last edited by Tarana; 08-10-2018 at 10:17 PM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 11:35 AM   #32358
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
We thought, and hoped, that the end of the Family Thing was in sight. But it was, probably, wishful thinking. Last week my aunt's lawyer put together an agreement for all to sign, we changed and added a couple of things. This week the solicitor dealing with my grandmother's estate added his things and on Thursday it was send to my uncle's lawyer.

This morning my uncle's lawyer send an email to my aunt's and our lawyers that since my aunt doesn't agree with the agreement my uncle's lawyer is going to continue with court proceedings.

My aunt doesn't disagree with anything, so what he's talking about is a mystery. We think he doesn't like what was written in the agreement and has thrown a fit. He always blames someone else, but know my father doesn't care what my uncle says about him, but my aunt gets upset when my uncle is mean to/about her. However, a normal person would let it been known that he disagrees with the document, says what he likes to change and renegotiate the agreement. Or it might be a misunderstanding.

Our lawyer has called my uncle's lawyer, we don't know (yet) what has been discussed. She did send an email that emotions are obviously running high and that it would be a good idea for everyone (my uncle and his lawyer) to calm down, put their feelings aside and get things over and done with. So we'll have to see where this ends.

However, if my uncle goes through with the court case our demand will be that my uncle won't get the €10000 he had negotiated. And that the house will be sold to us for the amount the previous judge had set (in the agreement we were willing to pay more) and which the current judge has already said was a fair deal. My father also wants to sue my uncle for the thousands of euros he stole from my grandmother (which in the agreement he wouldn't have to pay back). I can understand my father and agree with him, my mother and sister are more cautious.

So, the drama will continue next week.
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 11:47 AM   #32359
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
I drive rather than use public transportation (it's not that great where I live). It can be really annoying to be stuck at a stop light next to a car with booming bass.

In my experience living in apartments, usually the worst noise offenders are young men. It doesn't seem to occur to them that their neighbors might not want to hear their music or TV. They are also usually the ones driving the cars with loud stereos.
I hadn't made the connection before, but now that you mention it...

I guess that they are compensating for something. And loud motorcycles.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 01:45 PM   #32360
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
We thought, and hoped, that the end of the Family Thing was in sight. But it was, probably, wishful thinking. <snippage>

So, the drama will continue next week.
Dammit! I was hoping for your sake that this would finally come to an end. Hell, Rumple, I'm pretty sure that this has been ongoing as long as I've "known" you here on MR, and that's quite a while. It must be freaking exhausting, indeed. Your family needs a Designated Hitter--the official family Bad Guy, with whom nobody wants to mess around, that's what you need. ;-)

So...I had a Stephen King day, yesterday. My car tried to kill me. Soooo Christine!

As you all know, it's summer in Phoenix AZ, and that means hot-hot-hot. To make things worse, my husband's family deposited a bunch of "stuff" here, and long story short, my car is living in the sun, not the garage. This doesn't sound like a big deal, until you live in the desert with temps over 110F. Anyway, trying to run the AC in a car that's become heat-soaked is always an adventure.

The last few times I've driven the Sopranos-mobile (this is a big luxury sedan that I inherited from my late MIL, with room for 6 bodies in the Trunk, hence its name), I was not a happy camper, as it took nearly half-an-hour for the interior to cool down enough for me not to be a sweaty mess. Mr. H tested the A/C air temp, and sure 'nuff it seemed to indicate that indeed, the A/C was putting out air that matched the temp set on the thermostat, right?

So, yesterday, it's not that hot, for Phoenix, only around 90-94, when I climb in the Batmobile, and on my way out of our neighborhood, a few miles down the road, I'm ROASTING. I mean, ROASTING. The air coming out of the vents is hotter, way hotter, than the outside air, and it's like a damn convection oven in the interior. I whip the car around, call Mr. Wonderful from the car ("Can you PLEASE come outside!?") and run back home...

Sure enough, something has gone hinky with the car, and not only is no AC working, but the bloody thing is blowing HEAT, and heat at full-tilt-boogie, like the hottest air you can imagine. It's as though it's stuck on "BROIL," inside the car. The air blowing through the vents is well over 100F...hell, well over 120F.

(I ended up taking Mr. H's truck, to my errand, but it's quite large, and I'm not that accustomed to driving it. On the bright side, though, it has killer AC.)

I dithered a bit, before I'd turned it around, thinking I was imagining it, etc., but after a few minutes, there was no doubt about it--I've never felt air THAT BLOODY HOT come out of the vents. I have no idea where on earth it was originated...the bowels of the engine, no doubt, but, man...I should have taken a cake in tins with me--I could have baked it, I kid thee not.

Bloody car. God only knows what THAT will cost to get fixed, and worse, somehow, I have to get the thing to a repair shop, which is, wait for it, nearly 15 miles away. Can't IMAGINE how much fun that's going to be....

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 02:02 PM   #32361
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Dammit! I was hoping for your sake that this would finally come to an end. Hell, Rumple, I'm pretty sure that this has been ongoing as long as I've "known" you here on MR, and that's quite a while. It must be freaking exhausting, indeed. Your family needs a Designated Hitter--the official family Bad Guy, with whom nobody wants to mess around, that's what you need. ;-)

Hitch
It started after the fire in 2013, in the week we opened the store again after The Big Cleanup, so that would have been late July. I've been a member on MR since 2011 IIRC, so not all of my time on MR, but most of it.

This stunt doesn't surprise me. We've been at this point numerous times, when he changes his mind. But it really sucks. After five years you just want it to be over and never have anything to do with that

Good luck with the car. I'm glad we're not that dependent and I either walk or cycle to most things.
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 02:33 PM   #32362
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
It started after the fire in 2013, in the week we opened the store again after The Big Cleanup, so that would have been late July. I've been a member on MR since 2011 IIRC, so not all of my time on MR, but most of it.

This stunt doesn't surprise me. We've been at this point numerous times, when he changes his mind. But it really sucks. After five years you just want it to be over and never have anything to do with that
I think my first V&R post was probably around 2013, so...yeah.

Quote:
Good luck with the car. I'm glad we're not that dependent and I either walk or cycle to most things.
Yeah, well, in the US Southwest, there are exceedingly few places that you can live that don't require cars. For example, from our home, the nearest commercial establishments of any kind--ANY kind--are both 10 miles, almost on the nose, from our home. To the south, there's a convenience store and gas station, with a small corner shopping center kitty-corner from it; and to the north, there's an infamous (allegedly biker) restaurant and roadhouse, again, 10 miles away, almost to the inch. Those are the two closest things to us. Hospital? There's an urgent care 22 miles away; real hospital is nearer 30.

We simply can't get around w/o a car, and there is precisely ZERO mass trans within 20 miles of us. I couldn't even bike if I wanted to...at least, not in the summer, I'd croak. I'm sure that there are Ironmen and women who can bike 20+ miles in 110F heat in the summer, but I ain't one of 'em. (Never could--even at my height of fitness, the heat has always seemed to suck the life from me.)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 04:40 PM   #32363
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
This has never happened before. I got a new prescription for eyeglasses. I'm nearsighted with astigmatism . So I try them on and everything 10 to 20 feet is crystal clear. Everything 10 to a foot in front of my face is out of focus. I can't read text on the computer without seeing a rainbow drop shadow behind them and the text is fuzzy. Text is smaller and smooshed together. And forget trying to read with them because the text is blurry it's like my eyes can't focus. This is my second day of trying to make my eyes adjust. I can make the letters out but 12 point text is now 6pt and blurry enough that I have to concentrate to read it. Ugh! Eye strain after wearing them for about 30 minutes and burning in my left eye. These are single lenses not bifocals.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 05:35 PM   #32364
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
This has never happened before. I got a new prescription for eyeglasses. I'm nearsighted with astigmatism . So I try them on and everything 10 to 20 feet is crystal clear. Everything 10 to a foot in front of my face is out of focus. I can't read text on the computer without seeing a rainbow drop shadow behind them and the text is fuzzy. Text is smaller and smooshed together. And forget trying to read with them because the text is blurry it's like my eyes can't focus. This is my second day of trying to make my eyes adjust. I can make the letters out but 12 point text is now 6pt and blurry enough that I have to concentrate to read it. Ugh! Eye strain after wearing them for about 30 minutes and burning in my left eye. These are single lenses not bifocals.

Sent from my XT1528
I ended up with a pair of glasses, can't remember where I got them from, that were made wrong. I also have astigmatism. I swear I think that makes getting the lenses just right harder. My eye Dr. checked them for me so I knew it wasn't just my imagination. The place re-made the lenses for me. They were fine the second time around.
Good Luck!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 08:17 PM   #32365
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
I had to replace the entire AC system in my car this summer. The compressor went out. The difference between the "cheap" fix with a 1 year warranty and the expensive fix with a lifetime warranty was only $300. I went with the expensive option. I have used the AC in my car every damn day since it was fixed. I don't care if it's 90 degees or 60 degrees. I paid a lot of money to get it fixed and now I'm using it!
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 11:27 PM   #32366
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Sent from my XT1528
The only legitimate reason I can think of for poor vision at closer distances with your new glasses is if you have reached the age where close vision starts to go (I have no idea what your age is). https://www.allaboutvision.com/condi...presbyopia.htm . If that is the case you might need bifocals or progressives.

If you are not old enough for that to be the issue, then something could be wrong with the prescription or the glasses -mistakes do happen! Either way, you should go back to the eye doctor.
Old 08-12-2018, 01:36 AM   #32367
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
The only legitimate reason I can think of for poor vision at closer distances with your new glasses is if you have reached the age where close vision starts to go (I have no idea what your age is). https://www.allaboutvision.com/condi...presbyopia.htm . If that is the case you might need bifocals or progressives.

If you are not old enough for that to be the issue, then something could be wrong with the prescription or the glasses -mistakes do happen! Either way, you should go back to the eye doctor.
I have thought of that but my old glasses I can see perfectly up close and intermediate field of vision. I can read fine without glasses if I hold it up to a foot from my face after a foot it's too indistinguishable unless I have my old glasses on. New pair everything is distorted from face to five feet then it gets clearer.

Update: It's gotten better but still cannot distinguish fonts on the computer. They all look the same and very light. You may be right I may have to get glasses for computer use. Same with the Kindle and I have to hold it two feet or more away to see it with new glasses on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
I ended up with a pair of glasses, can't remember where I got them from, that were made wrong. I also have astigmatism. I swear I think that makes getting the lenses just right harder. My eye Dr. checked them for me so I knew it wasn't just my imagination. The place re-made the lenses for me. They were fine the second time around.
Good Luck!
S
I tried washing dishes tonight and noticed my dinner plates look like the size of a dessert plate, my little sauce bowls are now the size of a teacup and here's what convinced me there is something wrong, the plates are round circular plates but with these glasses they are oval shape. It's like someone took binoculars and turn them around. Everything is smaller and distorted to in the intermediate vision. I can't tell about distance because I haven't seen at a distance in years unless I'm using these new glasses so can't compare that line of sight.

Sent from my XT1528

Last edited by Blossom; 08-12-2018 at 07:30 AM.
Old 08-12-2018, 09:50 AM   #32368
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Quote:
I tried washing dishes tonight and noticed my dinner plates look like the size of a dessert plate, my little sauce bowls are now the size of a teacup and here's what convinced me there is something wrong, the plates are round circular plates but with these glasses they are oval shape. It's like someone took binoculars and turn them around. Everything is smaller and distorted to in the intermediate vision. I can't tell about distance because I haven't seen at a distance in years unless I'm using these new glasses so can't compare that line of sight.

Sent from my XT1528
So with everything really tiny what you are really saying is- Your name is really Alice and you found a bottle that said Drink Me on the label and you did? Are you seeing a large rabbit running around talking about being late?? If so, then you really need to find another bottle with Drink Me on it.
Nah, seriously I would take them to your eye Dr. and have him check them against your Rx. I *think* not only can they grind the lens with the Rx wrong but they can also measure you wrong for exactly where the focal point should be.. Though I do remember getting my first pair of glasses as a kid (4 years old) and sitting on the toilet in my parent's bathroom. They have 1 inch tile all over the floor and I remember it moving as I looked across the floor. I seem to recall it taking a few days for my eyes to adjust to glasses because I had never worn any before. But you have been wearing glasses for a while, I can't see that applying to this situation..
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 06:14 PM   #32369
4691mls
Wizard

I once got new glasses where one side was obviously wrong and had to be replaced. Mistakes do happen; incorrect numbers could have been transmitted to the lab, or someone in the lab could have misread. I would go back to the doctor and have them double check .

When I got to the age where presbyopia struck, I got an extra pair of glasses for use at the computer. I use a computer all day at work so for me, having special glasses just for that distance was worth it.

I have lined trifocals for general use such as driving or shopping. I know most people these days get progressives but the lined trifocals are cheaper and they work for me. I take my glasses off to read rather than looking through the small part of the lens that is at reading strength.
Old 08-15-2018, 05:34 AM   #32370
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

They are too strong, these glasses which is why I'm having problems. I'm told I'll get use to them eventually. In the meantime I have found out sliding them down to sit on the tip of my nose reduces power and I'm able to see perfectly. It looks a little funny but works.

My prescription prescription is
Left: Sph -5.00 Cyl 1.75 Axis 00.5
Right Sph -4.50 Cyl 1.75 Axis 00.9

It's a significant change from my old prescription which was from 2008. I have to go back when hubby's are finally in and tell them to give me the Pupillary Distance. They forgot to this time.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Last edited by Blossom; 08-15-2018 at 05:36 AM.

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness