Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-28-2021, 02:55 PM   #1
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Kindle Vella

Has anyone here tried it, and what are your impressions?

[ Note: you need to use the iOS Kindle app or read in a browser, and in either case it uses scrolling mode. ]

I tried a couple of things, and didn’t continue with either. Really didn’t see anything more interesting than what I am currently reading or want to read. But YMMV.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 09:54 PM   #2
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
I actually did try it. I found that I was getting sucked into stuff I would not normally read... in a good way, I guess. There is a lot of... how can I put it... not-very-sophisticated fantasy and sci-fi there I would not normally touch. I find myself occasionally tired and wanting to go read something that does not require my brain to be fully on... but I am reluctant to commit to a full book like that.

Well, in one of those moment, I started reading some sci-fi on Vella... it wasn't very good... but it was the right stuff a the right moment. I have since fallen into that pattern a couple of more times.

I doubt it will ever be a significant portion of my reading habits... but when you have five minutes to kill off on a commute, or grabbing a quick lunch alone... yea, I can see it.

I would probably use it more if it came to Kindles.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2021, 05:05 PM   #3
AngryD
Enthusiast
AngryD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AngryD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AngryD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AngryD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AngryD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AngryD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AngryD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AngryD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AngryD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AngryD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AngryD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad and Kindle 10G
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Has anyone here tried it, and what are your impressions?

[ Note: you need to use the iOS Kindle app or read in a browser, and in either case it uses scrolling mode. ]

I tried a couple of things, and didn’t continue with either. Really didn’t see anything more interesting than what I am currently reading or want to read. But YMMV.
Nope. Because Stephen King and Piers Anthony couldn't make serialized fiction work, so Jimbob Jones isn't going to pull it off at 50 cents a chapter.
AngryD is offline   Reply With Quote