Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-09-2010, 02:15 AM   #151
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I've been deliberating what to say since I saw the first post and I still don't know... It's been a shock, out of the blue and way too soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormHart View Post
I've shed a tear for each post and each poster, your words express my sorrow far better than I can.
Every time I opened this thread, and read the responses, my eyes started to fill.

I still don't know what to say, but I would like to give my condolences to her family and loved ones, who must be devastated by this. She was a kind woman, and I always liked to read her responses.

Now I wish I'd have gone to one of those Paris meets, even though I completely didn't have the time...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:06 PM   #152
alecE
Evangelist
alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs505, prs650, kobo Glo HD liseuses
This is very sad news; my heartfelt condolences to her friends and family.
alecE is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2010, 07:33 PM   #153
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
Very sad news indeed. I too would like to send my condolences to her family and friends.
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 05:36 AM   #154
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
I'm so sorry to hear of Patricia's passing. Every post of hers I saw was positive.

Thank you for gracing us as long as you did, Patricia, and my blessings on you wherever you now are.
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:27 AM   #155
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
I think Patricia of all people would appreciate a good quote from great literature, Ecclesiastes 7:1. I've always appreciated the sentiment, that if a person has lived a good life, which can be defined by the shape one has left behind in the lives, minds, and hearts of other people, then the day of death is a good day. We celebrate a new birth because of the potential that new life holds; let us now celebrate a life accomplished. Patricia, I'm happy for you and for everyone touched by your life. Thank you.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2010, 09:40 AM   #156
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
In the Air Force, the drink a toast to fallen comrades, then smash the glasses on the hearth so that no one will ever drink from them again.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 04:34 PM   #157
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor
Patricia, I'm happy for you and for everyone touched by your life. Thank you.
damn well said.

Let us not forget one fact: every new "bookworm" still to arrive here someday will - when actually using one of Pats creations - add another brick to her monument: A brick composed of honest deephearted enjoyment, only a true fan of books can feel when confronted with a good one.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 05:10 PM   #158
glowhappy
lost my wits...
glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600
My condolences to Patricia's loved ones. She was class and gentleness imbued.
glowhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:34 PM   #159
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
My my Most sincere condolences to Patricia's partner and familu.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 04:34 PM   #160
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I never had the good fortune to meet the lady but I do believe I have downloaded copies of some of the books she converted. From what I've read so far of postings she sounds to have been a rare avis in terra indeed. R.I.P. Patricia.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 05:18 PM   #161
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Indeed. I wouldn't want to take anything away from all the other people who have worked hard to convert and post books in the upload section but I would be wholeheartedly in favor of naming the library after her.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:27 PM   #162
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Phaenna, Radiant Grace

I posted this in the "Light a Candle" thread, but would like to post it here, as well.

The Graces from Greek mythology "were conceived as the goddesses who gave festive joy and enhanced the enjoyments of life by refinement and gentleness." (Charites). Some of us have joked that we had some Graces of our own here at Mobileread, and Patricia was certainly one of them. She was also a teacher of classics, and though not religious herself, used part of Ecclesiastes 12:12 in her sig line: "Of making many books there is no end." She was an inspiration in her generosity and skill in providing beautifully formatted ebooks, and even more so in her elegant and positive contributions to our online discussions. She will be dearly missed.

nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:13 PM   #163
Spoon Man
Groupie
Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle 1
I'm very sorry to see this, and late. My condolences, for whatever they are worth, go out to her family.
Spoon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:44 AM   #164
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Some of us have joked that we had some Graces of our own here at Mobileread, and Patricia was certainly one of them. She was also a teacher of classics, and though not religious herself, used part of Ecclesiastes 12:12 in her sig line: "Of making many books there is no end." She was an inspiration in her generosity and skill in providing beautifully formatted ebooks, and even more so in her elegant and positive contributions to our online discussions. She will be dearly missed.
Beautifully stated, Neko. I still tear up when I visit this thread. Patricia was, and is, a heartening example of grace, humor, tolerance and intelligence.

Thank you for the graphic image of her essence.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:39 AM   #165
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Some of the first books I downloaded on this site were Patricia's. One of the first names that I saw regularly was hers.

My heartfelt condolences to her family. Patricia will be missed.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote