Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-22-2018, 12:53 AM   #1
lori87
Connoisseur
lori87 doesn't litterlori87 doesn't litter

Device: kobo
Unhappy When I convert my .mobi to .epub, it removes all formatting. Why is this?

I'm using a Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2. Both the epub and mobi work on my kobo, however the epub allows me to highlight text, and touch words to use the dictionary. On .mobi this isn't the case.

Here's an example of what happens when I convert a book (it removes all headings, bold text, etc). It's driving me nuts, cant figure out what to do:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ZNqRkfP.png
Views:	146
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	167123

Last edited by BetterRed; 10-22-2018 at 02:12 AM. Reason: Upload image to MR - see posting guideline #9 re image sizes
lori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 01:29 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=186697
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2018, 02:38 AM   #3
lori87
Connoisseur
lori87 doesn't litterlori87 doesn't litter

Device: kobo
Thank you. I've uploaded a 1 page sample for everyone. This epub on my kobo is all the same seize, no large text, no bold, just the same all round. The .mobi is fine. If you open the files in sumatra on Windows, you'll get an idea of how it works.

Links here
https://www.sendspace.com/file/6bda3j

I just don't know what I"m doing wrong. Is it just my device???
lori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 06:33 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
attach the file here please, those download sites never work.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 06:36 AM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
For the record, @lori87 has been discussing this in the Kobo forum. The problem is that the epub version of the book has errors in the stylesheet. The RMSDK used for epubs on Kobo devices ignores the stylesheet if there are errors.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert