Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-13-2018, 08:30 AM   #1
Otamono
Otamono began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note
reMarkable like Screenprotector

Hi Guys,

i have the Onyx Boox Note, and the reMarkable Pen (it has a better feeling of writing).

But im still not really satisfied with the feeling of writing. So does somebody has some experience with differnt screenprotectors and there writing feeling? Would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Manuel
Otamono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 11:26 PM   #2
XK143
XK143 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage - Back again after trying them all!
Hello sir! Although I haven't tried it, there's a product called PaperLike. It's a screen protector for iPads - so the one for the 10.5 Pro may come close. Not a direct fit and it's a little pricey for a screen protector. Take a look, it may be what you're after.
XK143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2018, 03:53 AM   #3
Otamono

Quote:
Originally Posted by XK143 View Post
Hello sir! Although I haven't tried it, there's a product called PaperLike. It's a screen protector for iPads - so the one for the 10.5 Pro may come close. Not a direct fit and it's a little pricey for a screen protector. Take a look, it may be what you're after.
Thanks ill check that out!
Old 06-14-2018, 06:49 AM   #4
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
I got one of these and immediately returned it. It is simply a generic matte/anti-glare protector rebranded and marked up.
You should be fine just getting any anti-glare film for the 10.5 iPad and cutting it to size.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 10:57 AM   #5
Otamono

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
I got one of these and immediately returned it. It is simply a generic matte/anti-glare protector rebranded and marked up.
You should be fine just getting any anti-glare film for the 10.5 iPad and cutting it to size.
So no surface with a higher roughness/friction?
Advert
Old 06-15-2018, 05:04 PM   #6
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otamono View Post
So no surface with a higher roughness/friction?
All the matte protectors do have that rough surface already, that's kind of how they work dispersing reflections.
Almost all of them should work very well.
Old 06-15-2018, 08:16 PM   #7
Otamono

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
All the matte protectors do have that rough surface already, that's kind of how they work dispersing reflections.
Almost all of them should work very well.
Nice, thanks mate. So i just ordered a generic matt screenprotector for Ipad. This one should be cuttable. I keep you posted how it'll work with the Note. Fingers crossed!
Old 06-16-2018, 06:51 AM   #8
johnnyb
Cloud Reader

Quote:
Nice, thanks mate. So i just ordered a generic matt screenprotector for Ipad. This one should be cuttable. I keep you posted how it'll work with the Note. Fingers crossed!
Good luck
Old 06-20-2018, 03:25 AM   #9
Otamono

Hi Guys,

so i got the Screenprotector (https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1). I just went for the next best cheap Matt screenprotector.

And first tests are very promising. Please keep in mind that i use the remarkable pen with the note. I already felt more comfortable writing with the remarkable pen than with the original one.

And now with the matt screenprotector it feels a lot better! Much more like Edding pen on paper. We have to see how the screenprotector holds up, but as for now my experiment shows promising results!

I will test the remarkable soon as a reference again!

Keep you posted
Old 06-20-2018, 05:20 AM   #10
johnnyb
Cloud Reader

Quote:

And now with the matt screenprotector it feels a lot better! Much more like Edding pen on paper. We have to see how the screenprotector holds up, but as for now my experiment shows promising results!

Keep you posted
Cool, thanks for update!
Old 06-21-2018, 09:00 PM   #11
CoolDragon
Addict
CoolDragon doesn't litterCoolDragon doesn't litter

Device: none
Quote:
Hi Guys,

so i got the Screenprotector (https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1). I just went for the next best cheap Matt screenprotector.

And first tests are very promising. Please keep in mind that i use the remarkable pen with the note. I already felt more comfortable writing with the remarkable pen than with the original one.

Keep you posted
Good to hear! How did you cut it so that it fits the Note?
CoolDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 05:49 AM   #12
leojab
leojab began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2
After I messed up my Onyx Max 2 screen protector installation with millions of bubbles (they look really sick in sunlight), I decided to go for Clear-coat shop owned by Mobile Outfitters. I was able to measure and give them my size and they had the screen coat installed. This also stored the Onyx device in their system for future customers.

I had installed the matte finish coat and it looks and feels great.
leojab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 08:00 PM   #13
CoolDragon
Addict
CoolDragon doesn't litterCoolDragon doesn't litter

Device: none
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Anti-...EAAOSwvcVa6-qs

This is quite expensive, but very high quality. I installed without any bubble. But I made a stupid mistake: I ordered the non-matte version, even though it is super clear, it comes with more reflection than the matte version :-(
CoolDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 04:06 AM   #14
Otamono

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolDragon View Post
Good to hear! How did you cut it so that it fits the Note?
Just with some scissors , worked ok. Bubbles are more of a Problem, but thats on me, if they piss me off too much, ill use the second protector...
Old 06-29-2018, 10:02 AM   #15
bsnick
Zealot
bsnick began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M96+, T68+, Max2, YP2, HiSense A2 Pro
Quote:
Just with some scissors , worked ok. Bubbles are more of a Problem, but thats on me, if they piss me off too much, ill use the second protector...
Assuming they're dust-bubbles use tape to fix the bubbles rather than a new screen protector. Google should be able to point the way on this.
bsnick is offline   Reply With Quote