Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 06-26-2018, 10:44 AM   #1
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Statusbar position

Is there any way to change the position of statusbar? I mean the one that shows by default when viewing pdf files. Presumably it's DMINNIBAR in the advanced settings, but I cannot find a setting that would change the position of the status bar (top instead of bottom).
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 04:42 PM   #2
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
There are two status bars, upper and lower and you control them in different ways. You can't just change position of one. And, also, very important to know, they don't have same options.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2018, 07:02 PM   #3
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_S View Post
There are two status bars, upper and lower and you control them in different ways. You can't just change position of one. And, also, very important to know, they don't have same options.
Not sure the MuPDF engine has the top "status line" like the CR3 engine does, so might not be there for PDFs.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 04:10 AM   #4
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not possible to move the statusbar then.

Next question: How to change the margins that are attributed to pdf and djvu? (NOT epub)

I know there is a button to change the margins, but I need to change them manually to a level that I pick and choose and set myself. The preset levels are no good when an ereader is built a bit wonky so that some edge filler covers the screen a bit too much in some places.
Old 06-28-2018, 11:04 AM   #5
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

These "defaults.lua" settings should apply:

-- koptreader config defaults
DKOPTREADER_CONFIG_FONT_SIZE = 1.0 -- range from 0.1 to 3.0
DKOPTREADER_CONFIG_TEXT_WRAP = 0 -- 1 = on, 0 = off
DKOPTREADER_CONFIG_TRIM_PAGE = 1 -- 1 = auto, 0 = manual
DKOPTREADER_CONFIG_DETECT_INDENT = 1 -- 1 = enable, 0 = disable
DKOPTREADER_CONFIG_DEFECT_SIZE = 1.0 -- range from 0.0 to 3.0
DKOPTREADER_CONFIG_PAGE_MARGIN = 0.10 -- range from 0.0 to 1.0
DKOPTREADER_CONFIG_LINE_SPACING = 1.2 -- range from 0.5 to 2.0
DKOPTREADER_CONFIG_RENDER_QUALITY = 1.0 -- range from 0.5 to 2.0
DKOPTREADER_CONFIG_AUTO_STRAIGHTEN = 0 -- range from 0 to 10
DKOPTREADER_CONFIG_JUSTIFICATION = 3 -- -1 = auto, 0 = left, 1 = center, 2 = right, 3 = full
DKOPTREADER_CONFIG_MAX_COLUMNS = 2 -- range from 1 to 4
DKOPTREADER_CONFIG_CONTRAST = 1.0 -- range from 0.2 to 2.0
Advert
Old 06-29-2018, 04:31 AM   #6
mobama
Evangelist

Don't DKOPTREADER settings only have effect when (pdf/djvu) reflow is turned on?
Old 06-29-2018, 10:15 AM   #7
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Why don't you try some changes (you can always change them back), and let us know. I don't read that many PDFs anymore, so I haven't been tweaking their appearance. I think the section of "defaults.lua" I quoted applies to the MuPDF engine generally, the next section to reflow and the one after that to OCR.

Luck;
Ken
Old 06-29-2018, 10:40 AM   #8
mobama
Evangelist

Well, I have changed the MARGIN setting before, because it sounded relevant to my issue. The procedure:

1. Open the file manager in Koreader
2. Go to Advanced settings
3. Change DKOPTREADER_CONFIG_PAGE_MARGIN from 0.1 to 1
4. Exit the app to invoke the Save settings dialog; save the settings
5. Open Koreader again and see a pdf/djvu file (result: no noticeable change in the margins)
6. Go to Advanced settings to see if DKOPTREADER_CONFIG_PAGE_MARGIN is at 1 (yes, it is)

I went through it again just now. I cannot figure out why the setting is there and if it does anything. This is why I am here asking.

Last edited by mobama; 06-29-2018 at 10:45 AM.
Old 06-30-2018, 06:09 AM   #9
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: kobo gloHD - KA1
Hi moboama,

the setting in the "advance settings" is only the value behind the margin value you could get by calling the bottom menu within a pdf from the ui. It's in advance settings (and in fine in a config file) because the value (or the set of values) is not meant to be micromanaged for each pdf but is more a global values like those translated "small"- "normal"-"large" in the ui.

Last edited by cramoisi; 06-30-2018 at 06:14 AM.
cramoisi is offline   Reply With Quote