Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 05-07-2018, 12:03 PM   #1
retiredbiker
Addict
retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Oasis, Pop_Os!, Jutoh, Kobo Forma
File not in manifest - how to recover?

I came across a book - short story, actually - where the actual text file containing the story was listed in the miscellaneous section of the editor. Running check book, I was offered a choice to remove any reference to it, but what I really wanted to do was get it properly recognized in the text section - add it to the manifest, I guess is what was needed.

I tried exporting it, and then adding it as a new file - deleting the original-, but that was still not recognized, even though the imported file showed up in the text section. I looked at the .opf file to see if I could add it manually, but the syntax defeated me.

I finally created a new, empty file, and copied the content into it, and deleted the original file, and that worked - luckily, it was only one short file.

Does anybody know of an easier way to handle this sort of thing? Somewhere I've got a couple of books with this problem that are bigger and more complicated, that I've not been able to fix.

Thanks!
retiredbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 01:41 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The file needs to have a valid extension for the Text section.
HTML, Xhtml (and possibly: HTM)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2018, 04:08 PM   #3
retiredbiker
Addict
retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The file needs to have a valid extension for the Text section.
HTML, Xhtml (and possibly: HTM)
Yes, it had an html extension. But I'm don't know what you mean by the [/U] part. Where would I see that, or work it into the export/import?
Old 05-07-2018, 04:31 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredbiker View Post
Yes, it had an html extension. But I'm don't know what you mean by the [/U] part. Where would I see that, or work it into the export/import?
The extension would be visible by your OS file manager while exported.
Look close, there may be errors (space, extra char, 1 instead of L)
Old 05-07-2018, 04:33 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats

BTW
Why not validate that file while exported? (obviously, the CSS will be missing)
Advert
Old 05-07-2018, 10:10 PM   #6
retiredbiker
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
BTW
Why not validate that file while exported? (obviously, the CSS will be missing)
Checked the extension, and it is OK. I opened it in a browser, gedit, and bluefish, and it all seems to work as it should--none of those throw any errors. I think it must be something I did wrong. Wish now I'd saved the original epub!

Next time I run into one of these I'll slow down, see what I'm doing, and if I can't make it work, at least I should be able to ask more intelligent questions! Thanks for the tips.