Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-04-2010, 06:39 AM   #1
Dasun
Dasun began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
[Old Thread] Bug in downloading metadata

This seems to be a bug introduced somewhere in the last few versions as it used to work - maybe around .28 . Basically if I highlight several books, hit Ctrl-D, and wait for the metedata to download then the first book that has no metadata aborts the whole metadata download process with "ERROR: Failed: Failed to download metadata". Currently using the latest version - .32 - downloaded today.
Dasun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 01:14 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
can you click the show details button on the erro message and post the full traceback
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2011, 06:40 PM   #3
hrynkiw
Connoisseur
hrynkiw doesn't litterhrynkiw doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasun View Post
(...) Basically if I highlight several books, hit Ctrl-D, and wait for the metedata to download then the first book that has no metadata (...)
Wait -- you can download metadata for more than one book at a time?

Oh, I am *so* going to try this when I get home. Thank-you for mentioning it.

(I really must make some time to read the Calibre manual in detail rather than just dipping into it for specific information.)
hrynkiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:31 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrynkiw View Post
Wait -- you can download metadata for more than one book at a time?

Oh, I am *so* going to try this when I get home. Thank-you for mentioning it.

(I really must make some time to read the Calibre manual in detail rather than just dipping into it for specific information.)
If your books don't have ISBN's, you get a pig in the poke metadata

I prefer to select 10 books, right-click: edit individually and get it all, as right as I can, Next, until I run out of (those 10) books and take a break.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote